• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polish life is worthless in the UK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish life is worthless in the UK.

Mistry was driving at 36mph in a 30mph zone when she was hit by a Mini that had gone through a red light at the junction (...). (...) Mistry, had been on a hands-free phone. Her car was then pushed into the two children who were in pushchairs at a pedestrian crossing.
    BBC News - Sharmila Mistry cleared of Leicester pushchair crash deaths

A woman was chatting on the phone while driving 36mph in a 30mph zone! Yet she was cleared of causing deaths of two toddlers by careless driving!
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Originally posted by mos View Post
    BBC News - Sharmila Mistry cleared of Leicester pushchair crash deaths

A woman was chatting on the phone while driving 36mph in a 30mph zone! Yet she was cleared of causing deaths of two toddlers by careless driving!
    She was hit by another car! FFS, read the bloody article before you post sh!te!

Comment

Was it her driving that caused the deaths? She was hit by a car that ran a red light and pushed her into the kids. Surely it's the driver of the other car that caused the deaths.

Comment

A car went through a red light and pushed her car into some kids. What does that have to do with being 6mph over the speed limit or on her phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          She was hit by another car! FFS, read the bloody article before you post sh!te!
          I have read the article. And you demonstrate clearly my point.
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
            I have read the article. And you demonstrate clearly my point.
            You didn't make a point. You posted sensationalist crap.

Comment

That happened on the road I live on, about half-a-mile up towards the city centre. The woman was coming along a dual carriageway on which many people drive at 40mph, although it's a 30mph limit; but immediately after that junction, it narrows to a single-carriageway road that is always busy, with traffic stopping and starting. There is no way she should have been doing over 30mph as she entered the junction. That's an unsafe speed there under any circumstances, and there were also extensive roadworks around the junction at the time.

In fact the current Google StreetView images were taken within a month of the crash, and you can still see the roadworks, though they were more extensive at the time of the incident. The children were next to the grey traffic light control box just across the other side of the junction, surrounded by red plastic barriers: https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=52.631...14.05,,0,17.44

Not having been in court to hear all the evidence, I can't say that the jury were wrong to only convict of careless driving rather than causing death by careless driving. But I personally think that anybody who drives across that junction at 36mph deserves to be done for dangerous driving. There are very few occasions you can get through there and not have to come down to 15mph, or very often a complete halt, before you've got more than about ten yards past the other side of the junction.
              Last edited by NickFitz; 12 March 2014, 22:37.

Comment

Used to live near there when I was a student. Equity Road.

In fact, pretty sure I got a kicking once from some locals after coming out of a kebab house on Braunstone Gate....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Used to live near there when I was a student. Equity Road.

In fact, pretty sure I got a kicking once from some locals after coming out of a kebab house on Braunstone Gate....
                  This kebab shop?

If so, it's not there any more

Comment

nasty looking junction, anyone doing more than 20 through there with any people about is taking a real risk.

During the trial the court heard Mistry was driving at 36mph in a 30mph zone when she was hit by a Mini that had gone through a red light at the junction of Narborough Road and Braunstone Gate.

Her car was then pushed into the two children who were in pushchairs at a pedestrian crossing.

Sharmila Mistry had denied that the phone call had distracted her while driving
                    The driver of the Mini, a 61-year-old man, was arrested following the crash but has since died.

The prosecution had argued Mistry, of Dalby Avenue, Bushby, had been on a hands-free phone at the time and was distracted by her call.
                    not quite sure 18 months ban is enough punishment for the result.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X