• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this mean we have to start believing all this Scientology bollocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean we have to start believing all this Scientology bollocks?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The columbus and flat earth thing is a myth - Myth of the Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

If we have to burn Tom Cruise at the stake, that's a price I'm willing to consider.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If we have to burn Tom Cruise at the stake, that's a price I'm willing to consider.
        What about John Travolta?
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
          What about John Travolta?
          Saved by Pulp Fiction
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            The columbus and flat earth thing is a myth - Myth of the Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            The Galileo Vs Church story is much exaggerated and distorted too (although I forget the details without looking it up).
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The Galileo Vs Church story is much exaggerated and distorted too (although I forget the details without looking it up).
              Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake for claiming stars were distant suns and might be surrounded by planets hosting life.

In fairness, he had also published many heresies including (according to that Wikipedia article) denial of the Trinity, denial of the divinity of Christ, denial of virginity of Mary, and denial of Transubstantiation. So the "infinite number of suns with inhabited planets" idea was probably way down the list, and possibly not even a contributing factor.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

But that makes for a less interesting "headline".
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In fairness oh? Sure it's not what you meant but you make it sound as if burning for denial of the Trinity etc was almost justifiable.

Another flaw of established religions, they have gone through so many centuries of extremist beliefs which most of today's believers reject, yet they still think that a single mysterious core of truth has somehow managed to filter through it all unchanged.

PS Even loonies can often say something sensible. Hubbard's ideas on drugs for example.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 4 April 2014, 09:44.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The Scientology stuff is probably as real to it's believers as any other religion is to it's believers.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X