• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Invoice Appearance/Format

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Invoice Appearance/Format

Dear all,

So far I was issueing invvoices in .doc format without company logo etc (however with all required information on it). After recently having created my company logo, Can I change the format to .xls (for easy calculations) and add a bit of colour including company logo on it? I will keep the invoice serial number sequence intact. Will this be a problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks ina advance!

Why do you think what your invoice looks like will matter?

Do you think that every other supplier out there was using your previous format and you're suddenly breaking rank? Even changing invoice sequence doesn't matter - you could make up any random sequence of letters and numbers as your invoice sequence each time.

As long as your invoice has all of the required information (and preferably clearly) then it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      Why do you think what your invoice looks like will matter?.
      Agreed

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      Even changing invoice sequence doesn't matter - you could make up any random sequence of letters and numbers as your invoice sequence each time.
      Not true.

HM Revenue & Customs

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Fair enough. I was thinking of PO numbers. Good job my invoices are already sequential!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Agreed

Not true.

HM Revenue & Customs
          One or more sequences - nothing to say number of sequences can't be equal to number of invoices

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
            One or more sequences - nothing to say number of sequences can't be equal to number of invoices
            Actually, there is, if you're invoicing the same client more than once. If your assertion were true, the reference to "sequential" would be moot.

Try here.

Or here

Comment

DOC or XLS... I always PDF mine, less opportunity for it to be changed

Comment

God help us.....

Thank christ using a bit of nouse isn't on the BET's.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My agency doesn't even read the invoice - they pay whatever the timesheet says even if it's not what I invoiced for.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                    DOC or XLS... I always PDF mine, less opportunity for it to be changed
                    Same, though I generally think PDF is more professional for any document that should be taken "as-is".

Comment

Working...
                    X