• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Test Galore - lets see how weird you are!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Galore - lets see how weird you are!

Embarrassing Bodies - My MindChecker - Channel 4

Autism > 32 -I'm Rainman.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

We could have a nuthouse top trumps!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      We could have a nuthouse top trumps!
      and a book on the winner!

Comment

I've just been running through these and I'm a little confused. One question is:

"Are you concerned about physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?"

Should you only answer in the affirmative if these things concern you? So if you consider doing these things but aren't concerned by those thoughts then you should say "no"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          I've just been running through these and I'm a little confused. One question is:

"Are you concerned about physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?"

Should you only answer in the affirmative if these things concern you? So if you consider doing these things but aren't concerned by those thoughts then you should say "no"?
          That's the OCD one, the key word is 'WORRY' as against show concern. A sufferer will spend hours actually trying to reassure themselves they didn't run someone over, even if their drive was completely uneventful and their car is undamaged (if they had hit someone then it would have visible damage). Its irrational fretting not due care & attention.

quite terrifying to watch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            That's the OCD one, the key word is 'WORRY' as against show concern. A sufferer will spend hours actually trying to reassure themselves they didn't run someone over, even if their drive was completely uneventful and their car is undamaged (if they had hit someone then it would have visible damage). Its irrational fretting not due care & attention.

quite terrifying to watch as well.
            Oh good. So not being concerned over those fantasies means I'm not a nutter. Phew!

Comment

Apparently I could be dyspraxic, but then again I'm probably not

I assume the "could be" bit comes from ticking the boxes that expressed my utter loathing of team sports, or any kind of organised physical activity. But I think that comes from hating the kind of person that delights in imposing such crap on others, rather than trying to cover up any physical inability to succeed. I've never made any secret of my physical inability to succeed at such activities, because I don't give a tinker's cuss for the opinions of those who value such success

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Same
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Depression < low risk

Autism : Above average score, but below the threshold
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Oh good. So not being concerned over those fantasies means I'm not a nutter. Phew!
                    you are probably still a nutter, but if you aren't unreasonably worried about things like this your diagnosis won't be OCD.

I would imagine most significant people in history would be sectionable in some way.

Comment

Working...
                    X