• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Galaxy S4 Mini SIM not recognised

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy S4 Mini SIM not recognised

In the middle of playing Chess on it then the error comes up with "SIM not recognised", what a pi$$er! Apparently its quite a known problem (can be caused by upgrade to KitKat, but I was on Jellybean).

So, tried all things to sort it out, factory reset, etc but nada, so have a new one being send out today from O2 business support.

Shame, as I thought it was a smashing phone, but only had it since Nov'13 and before that my Nokia C7 worked for 3 years solid, not one issue.

I'm going back to Morse code. -.-. ..- -. - ...

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Can't comment on the S4, but my previous phone did this quite frequently and was most annoying - an HTC One (M7). In the end, it *did* turn out to be software/firmware, as an HTC update finally cured it for me.
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      Can't comment on the S4, but my previous phone did this quite frequently and was most annoying - an HTC One (M7). In the end, it *did* turn out to be software/firmware, as an HTC update finally cured it for me.
      Cheers for the heads up. The guy on O2 tech support did say make sure you get the KitKat update from them and not via web/google.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
      X