• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else working on this bank holiday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else working on this bank holiday?

Got to be in at noon. I have 3 issues on my plate - after that I hope to be filling up the counting thread for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Not I.

I am sat in front of my computer though, just tinkering with things and randomly drifting through the interwebs thinking of wasting some money on a 500 page textbook I'll probably never read. This seems to be my default behaviour these days....
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working from Bacchus tower today which is not too bad.

Will try to intersperse cutting edge software (ha!) with cutting the grass (c:

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
        Will try to intersperse cutting edge software (ha!) with cutting the grass (c:
        You could also try pushing the limits of gardening as a metaphor for software development e.g.

Vegetable patch = source code control system
        Weeding = refactoring
        Back of the shed = code nobody dares to touch cos they don't know how it works and don't really care to find out
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          You could also try pushing the limits of gardening as a metaphor for software development e.g.

Vegetable patch = source code control system
          Weeding = refactoring
          Back of the shed = code nobody dares to touch cos they don't know how it works and don't really care to find out
          Lying on the sunbed = waiting for code to compile

Comment

Hmmm...

Digging: debugging someone else's code
            Leaning on a for looking at the results of your hard work: smoke-testing
            Sitting back and having a beer whilst the vegetables grow: contracting (c:

I think the vegetable patch is where the BAs sit though...

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                There's no bank holiday here
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had a 3 day week last week.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    There's no bank holiday here
                    Indeed; somehow the gummint here don't think the liberation of NL is important enough for a holiday. A lot of people are free here in the sticks though.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X