• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm calling you recruiters out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I strongly suspect recruiters will call strong candidates and say they are putting them forward for a role (and then not), just to reduce the competition for their preferred candidate.

The existing recruitment model works mainly in the favour of recruiters and I will be laughing uncontrollably when the sector is disrupted (which it will be).

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
    I strongly suspect recruiters will call strong candidates and say they are putting them forward for a role (and then not), just to reduce the competition for their preferred candidate.

The existing recruitment model works mainly in the favour of recruiters and I will be laughing uncontrollably when the sector is disrupted (which it will be).
    They only do this for candidates on the greylist.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Pray tell how "O wise one"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        My mouth is open therefore I am lying.
        FTFY
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          They only do this for candidates on the greylist.
          +1 my hit record since restarting contracting in 2012 is:-

Applications 7
          phone calls back 7
          interviews attended 4
          interviews rejected due to accepting job 3 (in 1 case this was 2 months after the phone call due to budget issues)
          offers accepted 2
          offers rejected 1
          status unknown 1 (not looking yet but too near home not to be polite)....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            +1 my hit record since restarting contracting in 2012 is:-

Applications 7
            phone calls back 7
            interviews attended 4
            interviews rejected due to accepting job 3 (in 1 case this was 2 months after the phone call due to budget issues)
            offers accepted 2
            offers rejected 1
            status unknown 1 (not looking yet but too near home not to be polite)....
            Working with simonmac how many times?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I couldn't be arsed to use the search function to find all the other threads on dodgy agency tactics before jumping up and down shouting "look at me, look at me, aren't I clever for figuring it out.".
              FTFY.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Working with simonmac how many times?
                Once although if I had accepted the rejected contract when I first started out it would have been at the same consultancy
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why would you allow only one agent to represent you?

A numerous occasions I've allowed three to four agencies to 'forward' me. Over the last fews weeks I've been exchanging emails with one of the loosing pimp's who did not win my business on this occasion as they wanted to know what they could have down better.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Pray tell how "O wise one"
                    Information is power - yes? For any given role, the recruiter has the inside track on applicants, candidates and the hiring manager. QED.

Comment

Working...
                    X