• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard of or have used this company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of or have used this company

h ttp://inoh.org/ - Home

In particular the Tax Planning and Corporate Profit Extraction services

Or should I stay clear?

Thanks
    Last edited by cojak; 8 May 2014, 11:34. Reason: removed link

Do you know what a barge pole is?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

A scheme that promises a better return than dividends, with costs of just 14%, but doesn't tell you how it actually works? I'd run a mile.

The excellent advice in the umbrella company thread should be taken too - if you cannot trace a company's owners, and cannot see their history, be very, very cautious.
      Last edited by Clare@InTouch; 8 May 2014, 11:08.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I would say...

Quacks like a Duck
        Looks like a Duck
        Tastes like a Duck

Concludes :- Must be a scam?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by frontenddeveloper View Post
          h ttp://inoh.org/ - Home

In particular the Tax Planning and Corporate Profit Extraction services

Or should I stay clear?

Thanks
          Just using their calculator now, on a day rate of £500 they advertise savings of up to £36,794!

Now, assuming 5 days a week for 46 weeks a year that's a turnover of £115,000 on which you would roughly pay 33% in tax (forgetting about FRS, expenses, salaries, dividend splits etc.) or £37,950 via a Limited company outside IR35.

Take off their saving would give tax payable of £1,156 or 1% of turnover.

I don't know how their 'scheme' works but if there was a legitimate way to only pay 1% in tax on a turnover in excess of £100k that wasn't open to challenge wouldn't everyone be doing it?

As others have said, if it seems to good to be true it most probably is and I would avoid any scheme like the plague in the current climate.

Martin
          Contratax Ltd

Comment

Read this post:

(Umbrella) companies - check them out BEFORE things go wrong!

You need to be able to trust a company. If there are no matches to the searches below, the company is breaking the law. Do you want to do business with such a company?

registered office site:inoh.org

VAT site:inoh.org

So decide yourself, because I’m afraid that we aren’t going to tell you.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They are an American company, according to their LinkedIN profile.

Their domain name has privacy enabled so there is no public record of who registered it.

There is no contact information apart from the UK-based phone number - no address, no company name, nothing.

If they aren't prepared to put on their website the details of exactly who they are and where they are based, why would you trust them with your money?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I gave some fake details to see their report (I got the email too) and whilst it looks glossy and professional, I spotted a typo in the FAQ. Avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                  I spotted a typo in the FAQ. Avoid.
                  Whilst I agree they sound like they should be avoided, the above is actually a non-sequiteur.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    They are an American company, according to their LinkedIN profile.

Their domain name has privacy enabled so there is no public record of who registered it.

There is no contact information apart from the UK-based phone number - no address, no company name, nothing.

If they aren't prepared to put on their website the details of exactly who they are and where they are based, why would you trust them with your money?
                    In fairness, they do have company information on the bottom of their 'Contact Us' page, although their company number is incorrect - it should be 08783447 and their registered office is a mail forwarding address, and doesn't match the Companies House information. So some sloppy admin?
                    As for their use of 'Whois Privacy Protection Service' - this could be naivety on their part, although it may indicate that they are registering, and managing, their domain in bad faith.

Anyway, read the HMRC scheme enquiries thread and decide if you really want the stress. If you are on this site and, therefore, have access to the reality of these schemes, then you would be totally bonkers - in fact fvck1ng stupid, to use them.

If you really, really, really want to press ahead, then use an established firm who explain the risks rather than firms who can't even be bothered to get their company information correct, hide behind mailing address and don't allow their domain information to be accessed.
                    Last edited by jbryce; 10 May 2014, 12:10. Reason: added a bit of bold.....

Comment

Working...
                    X