• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tech Mahindra - contracting through them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long story short, I have been asked to come back in to the end client via Tech Mahindra, after a 2 year stint. I don't have any option (long story), rate is largely as before, so no major issues there. All that said, I have never contracted through one of the main Indian body shops (although have done a lot of work with them in the past).

So, question is: has anyone here contracted through Tech M before, if so can you indicate whether there are any issues with contract terms, payment etc. Not really asking your opinion of Tech M generally, more about specific engagements with them as the agency.

Ta.

Originally posted by piningforthefjords View Post
    Long story short, I have been asked to come back in to the end client via Tech Mahindra, after a 2 year stint. I don't have any option (long story), rate is largely as before, so no major issues there. All that said, I have never contracted through one of the main Indian body shops (although have done a lot of work with them in the past).

So, question is: has anyone here contracted through Tech M before, if so can you indicate whether there are any issues with contract terms, payment etc. Not really asking your opinion of Tech M generally, more about specific engagements with them as the agency.

Ta.
    You don't have any option, you could always turn them down and work elsewhere...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You don't have any option, you could always turn them down and work elsewhere...
      Not if the OP doesn't have any option. Sounds like the OP is doing it but trying to understand where the risks are so they can be mitigated.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

As I said, I don't have an option with whom to contract...of course I could walk away, but I guess that's obvious, hence why I didn't mention that option.

Comment

Ta.
          They are only asking you back because they haven't found someone cheaper to replace you.

Expect to be sucked dry of your knowledge of the end client and then dumped when only the shell is left...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            They are only asking you back because they haven't found someone cheaper to replace you.

Expect to be sucked dry of your knowledge of the end client and then dumped when only the shell is left...
            And then chase for your last invoice to be paid (allegedly)
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Thanks for the vote of confidence...not strictly true, as there are plenty of cheaper options. The arrangement has been made to provide continutity and maintain 2 years worth of IP.

Again, I am looking for advice from people that have actually contracted via Tech M, rather than people's opinions...although no doubt I will get more of those

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence...not strictly true, as there are plenty of cheaper options. The arrangement has been made to provide continutity and maintain 2 years worth of IP.

Again, I am looking for advice from people that have actually contracted via Tech M, rather than people's opinions...although no doubt I will get more of those
                It's not going to help but their reputation and anecdotes I have heard mean that I never will work for them
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Are you looking for the opinions of people who have actually contracted via Tech M, or just their advice, as per your statement above?
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I refuse to deal with any outsourced recruiter on principle, its bad enough we have outsourced so much UK development to those countries now even recruitment is going the same way!, do companies seriously think that using a recruiter based in India is better for them than a more local one, one assumes they must be miles cheaper...

Comment

Working...
                    X