• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trackdays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackdays

Anyone here do bike TDs?

Yep

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yup, very occasionally, and now not done one for a couple of years.

Mostly at Knockhill though. So, hilly, wet and cold.

Have done a lap of Donnington and the Nurburgring too but not trackdays as such.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Have considered it but never done it.

Not to keen on throwing it down the road at speed, done that on a public road.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Have considered it but never done it.

Not to keen on throwing it down the road at speed, done that on a public road.
          I took the plunge once my Daytona was a couple of years old - that way i thought it would be less heartbreaking if I trashed it uninsured.

Now it's track-only so when I eventually do bin it hopefully it won't be too bad.

I lost all interest in riding on the road after starting TDs. I'm considering a new road bike now just to add some stimulation to my daily routine at clientCo.

You should book into one of the 20 minute taster sessions, and take it easy (the pace will be ultra slow, although i was still pretty nervous when i did one). Especially if you do one at a track used by BSB (i wouldn't do silverstone if they do them - you'll only get about 2 laps in ) - that way when you see it on tv you can relate to having actually been there yourself.

Assuming that you can mitigate/accept the risk of binning your bike then they're a great way to hone any cornering skills that will be useful on the road, in as safe an environment as you'll ever find.
          Last edited by SpontaneousOrder; 21 May 2014, 15:54.

Comment

Working...
          X