• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nevernote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevernote

I've had it with Evernote with its bloated and complicated UI and constant nagging me to upgrade.

Anyone recommend an alternative? should have these attributes:

- Capture text notes, as thoughts occur sitting in meetings and so forth. Don't need photos, voice, audio blah blah

- Seamless cross platform support, accessible from IoS phone, Android tablet and Windows PC and the web.

- Free.

- Uncluttered and responsive UI.

I've been using Google Keep, which is 90% of the way there, just no IoS support ....
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I've had it with Evernote with its bloated and complicated UI and constant nagging me to upgrade.

- Capture text notes, as thoughts occur sitting in meetings and so forth. Don't need photos, voice, audio blah blah

- Seamless cross platform support, accessible from IoS phone, Android tablet and Windows PC and the web.

- Free.

I've been using Google Keep, which is 90% of the way there, just no IoS support ....
    I've been using OneNote and now it's free now on Windows (both desktop and ModernUI versions), iOS and Android.

Comment

Ah - I confess I am a fan of OneNote on Windows (took a while, but it won me over). I thought you had to subscribe to Office 365 to get the Cloud version, but if not, then thanks! Will DMOR.

Comment

- Free.

All the proper peer-reviewed research states that Evernote is not bloated and almost never needs updated.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Simplenote. Has a web interface and there's a Windows app called ResophNotes you can use with it too. Text only, lightweight.

Comment

- Free.

No idea what you mean about bloatware, as for updates, have you tried turning off "Automatically Check for update"

I think its bullet-proof system, even more so that O2 users get Premium for free

http://evernote.o2.co.uk/
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

+ 1 for Onenote. Also there is an app for taking pics of receipts, whiteboards etc and it magically arranges it so its more readable and uploads to your onenote. I wet my pants when thinking about it.

Comment

Another vote for onenote. Even better now you can embed excel spreadsheets in it as well.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Ah - I confess I am a fan of OneNote on Windows (took a while, but it won me over). I thought you had to subscribe to Office 365 to get the Cloud version, but if not, then thanks! Will DMOR.
                  Not anymore. You can share the OneNote file on OneDrive or another cloud service such as Dropbox - OneNote syncing best practices. OneNote for desktop (OneNote 2013) is now a free download on Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices.

Comment

You get premium for a year from O2, then you have to start paying, one of the benefits of Premium is

Load notes faster on mobile devices by keeping notebooks offline
                    which kind of implies that the free version loads notebooks slow, which is certainly my experience ... and the startup time on my phone can be an issue ...

Comment

Working...
                    X