• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign Director - Only Foreign tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Director - Only Foreign tax?

Hi There,
    I am one of two directors of a UK incorporated company. I am also a New Zealander and have no right to work in the UK. Aside from corp tax and vat and all the normal taxes. On my Dividends do I only pay tax in New Zealand?

Where are you physically resident. Where are you tax resident.

Comment

This might help - assumes you're not a UK tax resident HM Revenue & Customs: Tax on UK income or capital gains for non-UK residents
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by Thenormal1 View Post
          Hi There,
          I am one of two directors of a UK incorporated company. I am also a New Zealander and have no right to work in the UK. Aside from corp tax and vat and all the normal taxes. On my Dividends do I only pay tax in New Zealand?
          Without knowing your circumstances it is difficult to say however if you have not been in the UK at all during any tax year your dividends should not be subject to UK tax. If you have been in the UK as little as 16 days you may be subject to UK tax.

I would suggest speaking with an accountant who is experienced with the rules on residency and foreign taxes etc. as it can be very complicated.

I hope this helps.

Martin

Comment

Working...
          X