• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual leave request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual leave request

Being asked to fill one out.....

Er no.

There will be repercussions if I don't comply apparently. Presumably me sitting in the garden sipping sangria waiting for the phone to ring about the next gig.

Anyone had this?

Bit of a non story I suspect. Been at ClientCo for 3 months, 6 months extension just signed. Then this

Contract is IR35 savvy, and I have already offered to get a sub in for the dates I have told them I am away.

What really grates is there are other consultants on site from larger consultancies that are not being treated like this.

I provide a good service for the money so I only see a lose lose unless they blink first.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post

Contract is IR35 savvy, and I have already offered to get a sub in for the dates I have told them I am away.
    Contract doesn't reflect your actual working conditions nor your clients expectations. Your arrangement is obviously a sham to avoid NI contributions.

Oh, and when they reject your sub because it's only you that they will accept...

HTH

Comment

Everything was fine until they produced this little gem. Contract, working conditions, d&c all fine. Now this.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post
        Being asked to fill one out.....

Er no.

There will be repercussions if I don't comply apparently. Presumably me sitting in the garden sipping sangria waiting for the phone to ring about the next gig.

Anyone had this?

Bit of a non story I suspect. Been at ClientCo for 3 months, 6 months extension just signed. Then this

What really grates is there are other consultants on site from larger consultancies that are not being treated like this.

I provide a good service for the money so I only see a lose lose unless they blink first.

Thoughts?
        Do you contract via an agency? If so, politely advise the end client to request the the agency completes it if it is required.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Say: Wow - I didn't realise I get paid leave! Fantastic - how much am I entitled to?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Say: Wow - I didn't realise I get paid leave! Fantastic - how much am I entitled to?
            £72 per week
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              £72 per week
              Surely nobody would stoop so low to lay themselves off for a fortnight whilst they go on holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                £72 per week
                Ah no. She said 'entitled to'. Not how much you can blag out of clueless JSA staff.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Surely nobody would stoop so low to lay themselves off for a fortnight whilst they go on holiday.
                  psychocandy will sign on for you for a tenner + return bus fare if you're in the Port Talbot area.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    psychocandy will sign on for you for a tenner + return bus fare if you're in the Port Talbot area.
                    Everything past J37 on the M4 is the domain of a Giant Alien Lizard

PC's range of Job Centres goes from the new(er) Severn crossing to J28.

MUN Patrols everything north of Pontypridd IIRC

and I maintain the fence that makes sure none of them get to Cardiff.

Comment

Working...
                    X