• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question on filling P11D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on filling P11D

Hi,

I have bought computed and printer for Limited Co. and would like to report expenses on P11D.

What section is the most appropriate for that?

The one your accountant advises you to put it in?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How did you buy it? You could try googling p11d contractor which should explain it all.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you've bought stuff for the business on it's behalf, then this isn't normally reportable on your P11D. Ideally the invoice for the computer/printer were in the company name too (essential if you want to reclaim any VAT I'd say) but if they're not you should ask your accountant. Having the invoice in the company name is what shows that the assets are the company's, and you've just paid for them but if it's clear that they were purchased on YourCo's behalf then it shouldn't be a problem (to take a more trivial example where there wouldn't probably even be an invoice, just a till receipt: say you bought some stationary from the local shop for your employer because they asked you to and they reimbursed you, this wouldn't be reportable).

Things that are reported on your P11D are normally payments for expenses you've personally incurred (i.e. stuff that was for your benefit directly such as travel expenses) or for particular BIKs.

As a good rule of thumb though, you should try and buy stuff that's for YourCo using YourCo's bank account.
        Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 27 June 2014, 18:19.

Comment

Working...
        X