• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    ... All were either in the UK or we made a specific decision to bring them in.
    Well that seems to cover all the bases.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Well that seems to cover all the bases.
      Not quite. There weren't any non-earthlings and teleportation was frowned upon.

Comment

Brexit to fire starting gun on decade of economic disruption, says major report | The Independent

Brexit will fire the starting gun on a “decade of disruption” with the UK being hit by a perfect storm of economic uncertainty, an ageing population and volatile jobs market, a major report has concluded.

The Institute For Public Policy Research (IPPR) think tank said the decision to leave the European Union had delivered a “profound shock” to Britain. It claimed this could see the country into lasting lower growth.
        'You're not Henry VIII,' Jeremy Corbyn tells Theresa May'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-commons-vote

Jeremy Corbyn has accused Theresa May of behaving like Henry VIII or a similar autocratic monarch because of her refusal to commit to putting a final Brexit deal to a vote in parliament.

May is no Henry VIII – but Brexit has dragged us back to a very Tudor chaos

In an interview with the Guardian, the Labour leader insisted that the prime minister could not be allowed to use the royal prerogative to bypass the Commons over the UK’s future relationship with continental Europe.

Earlier this month, May repeatedly refused to commit to a parliamentary vote during a select committee hearing – prompting Corbyn to conjure up an image of the prime minister acting as if she was an overbearing Tudor.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I thought I'd throw this one in as he's a Brexiter: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/248682...e-him-alcohol/ and went off and sold his story to the Sun.

I'm now expecting to see an apology in the Sun, probably 2 lines long on page 26 in 6 months, as it has now come out that the ****** in question is actually a Britain First and EDL supporter and that the girl is over 18 but was working on a till that doesn't deal with alcohol. Perfectly acceptable for someone to request to work in an area that doesn't involve alcohol, just as it would be acceptable for a vegetarian to request not to be put on the meat counter.

What's most likely is this BF supporter deliberately went to her and asked for booze just so he could engineer a story to take to a tulip-stirring anti-Muslim/Europe Murdoch tabloid, knowing they publish any old crap.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            What's most likely is this BF supporter deliberately went to her and asked for booze just so he could engineer a story to take to a tulip-stirring anti-Muslim/Europe Murdoch tabloid, knowing they publish any old crap.
            Oh get a fooking life you sad loser!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Oh get a fooking life you sad loser!!

I take it you don't like members of your family being outed
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I thought I'd throw this one in as he's a Brexiter: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/248682...e-him-alcohol/ and went off and sold his story to the Sun.

I'm now expecting to see an apology in the Sun, probably 2 lines long on page 26 in 6 months, as it has now come out that the ****** in question is actually a Britain First and EDL supporter and that the girl is over 18 but was working on a till that doesn't deal with alcohol. Perfectly acceptable for someone to request to work in an area that doesn't involve alcohol, just as it would be acceptable for a vegetarian to request not to be put on the meat counter.

Should've gone to Marks and Spencers.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Business morale at 18 month high according to Deloitte quarterly report. (Although to be fair to Reuters they did add 'for now' to their headline, even though the report didn't. Can't be cheerful can we?!

'Clean Brexit' will make the UK £24 billion a year, Change Britain claims | Metro News In the leftie Metro!

A third of SNP voters voted leave. My favourite of the week.

Mark Boleat, policy chairman of the City of London Corporation states that London will remain the World's leading financial centre.

"Lloyd’s of London, for example, may have to move part of its operations to the EU — but only with the loss of a few dozen jobs at the 328-year-old insurance market."

A few dozen? I thought all of Lloyds was upping and going. Along with the rest of the 70,000. Or maybe not.

That'll do for now. There is another I like but can't find it. Pity.

Comment

Mervin King says we are better off going for hard brexit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      Business morale at 18 month high according to Deloitte quarterly report. (Although to be fair to Reuters they did add 'for now' to their headline, even though the report didn't. Can't be cheerful can we?!

'Clean Brexit' will make the UK £24 billion a year, Change Britain claims | Metro News In the leftie Metro!

A third of SNP voters voted leave. My favourite of the week.

Mark Boleat, policy chairman of the City of London Corporation states that London will remain the World's leading financial centre.

"Lloyd’s of London, for example, may have to move part of its operations to the EU — but only with the loss of a few dozen jobs at the 328-year-old insurance market."

A few dozen? I thought all of Lloyds was upping and going. Along with the rest of the 70,000. Or maybe not.

That'll do for now. There is another I like but can't find it. Pity.
                      The thing is, the above is all bollocks because it would be quite easy to post a load of links pointing in the opposite direction so until you actually feel and see this happening, then I would ignore everything you read in the press, apart from celebrities dying (and even then they're sometimes wrong)

Comment

Working...
                      X