So what if Brexit had not happened So what if Brexit had not happened
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14

Double Godlike!

Default So what if Brexit had not happened

Cameron would still be in charge.

No Ge would have been called

Theresa May would still be a nobody

Jezza would still be a figure to poke fun at.

Anything else?

we'd be influencing Europe instead of becoming a side show for them to laugh at

companies would be moving to the UK instead of leaving

foreign workers would come to the UK instead of leaving - look at foreign nursing applicants, down 96% year on year

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post

foreign workers would come to the UK instead of leaving - look at foreign nursing applicants, down 96% year on year
    No - remember we tried that and Cameron got bullied by the EU - one of the reasons why the brexit vote was called.

no evidence to say more companies would come - not sure any companies are actually leaving they are just moving some functions back to mainland europe....

do we want more foreign workers - is that a good thing?

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post

So one of of three is good. The country is over-crowded. More nurses should be trained.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

More fingers than teeth

The banks would be expanding, as Goldman Sachs and other US banks moved operations to London ( I was constantly phoned up before Brexit), companies that would have now been building factories would be building them and there would be substantially more money in coffers to hand out, and probably for now at least there would be no talk of tax rises.

Well to do Brexit voters really shot themselves in the foot, when they voted for it, because it means austerity for the forseeable future, and most people are now fed up with that, hence the rise of left wing Labour.

Brexit would only work in the middle of an economic boom with a "feel good factor" and a general acceptance that it is worth living on gruel for a few years. That's not how Brexit was sold.
    I'm alright Jack

I Am Legend

Leavers would be calling for Leave Vote 2. Like IndyRef
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So one of of three is good. The country is over-crowded. More nurses should be trained.
    and who are you going to train. If you check the demographics there aren't enough young people to replace the Nurses leaving.

I've mentioned this several times but every year 200,000 more people leave the workforce than enter it.

If immigration is to be stopped you have to live in a shrinking economy. First of all that wouldn't stop the population rising because people "aren't dying" and secondly you would have fewer nurses, fewer Doctors and fewer refuse collectors.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 16th June 2017 at 13:21.
    I'm alright Jack

I live on CUK

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post

Anything else?
    First and foremost Jo Cox MP would most likely still be alive and her children would still have a mother. Blood is on Cameron's hands. You can't escape Brexit gave hatred a platform.

According to a written statement to Parliament by the Cabinet Office from March 2016, "the estimated cost of conducting the referendum is £142.4m".

Could this general election be the UK's most expensive? That cost the taxpayer around £142m.

Brexiters owe the public £284 million and that's before the process has even begun. My goodness imagine what else that money could have been spent on.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    First and foremost Jo Cox MP would most likely still be alive and her children would still have a mother. Blood is on Cameron's hands. You can't escape Brexit gave hatred a platform.

According to a written statement to Parliament by the Cabinet Office from March 2016, "the estimated cost of conducting the referendum is £142.4m".

Could this general election be the UK's most expensive? That cost the taxpayer around £142m.

Brexiters owe the public £284 million and that's before the process has even begun. My goodness imagine what else that money could have been spent on.
    Jeezuz.

Thats a bit of a leap even for you.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Cameron would still be in charge.

No Ge would have been called

Theresa May would still be a nobody

Jezza would still be a figure to poke fun at.

Anything else?
    Brexit hasn't happened.

HTH

But assuming you mean the referendum:

Jo Cox would still be alive

The UK would not be a figure to poke fun at

The UK would not be the slowest growing economy in the EU
    Where there's muck there's brass.