• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has backed itself into a corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We can only hope EU members agree to provide a 'get out of jail free' card, the UK badly needs it. The road ahead if filled with potholes. BoJo and others make it sounds like a freshly laid autobahn. Truth be told, we've now had a taste and we don't like.

I'm sure if the EU offered to rescind A50, forget it was ever done, make things as before rather than the alternative, the UK would jump in with both feet.
    Our EU partners will have no choice than to work according to the law and the process.

The way I see it this means, Article 50 was triggered, there's a time limit, or shall we say a cut off period, a period at the end of which, UK is cut off from existing contracts/agreements.

At that point, if by then new agreements have not been made then I assume the UK will fall into default Rest Of The World agreements.

Consequently this means, the Borders etc will be managed by the book.

And this means there are going to be queues either side of Dover and Britain's supplychain IS going to be affected.

This is the time to start thinking about prepping.

You heard it here first.

Let's be clear, there aint gonna be any oh they're our friends let's just forget it, this is a legal process with legal consequences and ownership and liabilities, and if the EU does anything than work by the book and rules/processes/laws in place they will put themselves in a vulnerable and liable position.

To make it clear for the hard of hearing, it's like writing to the electric company and saying you don't wish to continue the contract from date xyz, and then hoping they keep the electricity connection open. It aint happening.

Milan.

Comment

The Brexit butt-hurt rumbles on eh?

EU provides unsubstantiated divorce bill, demands payment before proper talks can get under way. This isn't how divorces normally work. The Brexit negotiations are being held hostage by the EU bankster financial terrorists.

Her majesty's government know this, and frankly don't care. If it goes tits up, we will survive. Theresa May has to put up with a lot, including the opportunism of Comrad Corbyn and his dangerous "free candy for votes" tactic in the recent GE.

We will not be moved.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        It's amazing how the people of this country could fight and win two world wars and drag themselves up from having nothing to rebuilding this great country.

It's amazing because we still have risk adverse, drivel like you in the gene pool, I'm glad we still have a few lions in this country to make up for your piss poor excuse of ambition.
        Godwin strikes again.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Our EU partners will have no choice than to work according to the law and the process.

The way I see it this means, Article 50 was triggered, there's a time limit, or shall we say a cut off period, a period at the end of which, UK is cut off from existing contracts/agreements.

At that point, if by then new agreements have not been made then I assume the UK will fall into default Rest Of The World agreements.

Consequently this means, the Borders etc will be managed by the book.

And this means there are going to be queues either side of Dover and Britain's supplychain IS going to be affected.

This is the time to start thinking about prepping.

You heard it here first.

Let's be clear, there aint gonna be any oh they're our friends let's just forget it, this is a legal process with legal consequences and ownership and liabilities, and if the EU does anything than work by the book and rules/processes/laws in place they will put themselves in a vulnerable and liable position.

To make it clear for the hard of hearing, it's like writing to the electric company and saying you don't wish to continue the contract from date xyz, and then hoping they keep the electricity connection open. It aint happening.

Milan.
          The electricity company may be happy to keep your custom, if you write to them and advise them you would now like to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Godwin strikes again.
            No it doesn't.

Comment

Yes it does.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                The electricity company may be happy to keep your custom, if you write to them and advise them you would now like to continue.
                agreed, but in this conversation we are not yet discussing that Britain writes and says, please ignore that silly Article 50 letter.

Of course, when that happens, all bets are off, and it's back to business as usual.

If that doesn't happen, and they don't get new agreements in place then the lights will be going out so to speak, the EU will work according to the rule book

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  The Brexit butt-hurt rumbles on eh?

EU provides unsubstantiated divorce bill, demands payment before proper talks can get under way. This isn't how divorces normally work. The Brexit negotiations are being held hostage by the EU bankster financial terrorists.

Her majesty's government know this, and frankly don't care. If it goes tits up, we will survive. Theresa May has to put up with a lot, including the opportunism of Comrad Corbyn and his dangerous "free candy for votes" tactic in the recent GE.

We will not be moved.
                  Divorces normally work differently because they are real divorces, rather than metaphorical divorces.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Divorces normally work differently because they are real divorces, rather than metaphorical divorces.
                    Fine, but you can't be expected to put out first before the divorce part. One last tally ho? Not on Davies' watch.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Fine, but you can't be expected to put out first before the divorce part. One last tally ho? Not on Davies' watch.
                      suity, really happy to see you, hope life is good down at Dale Farm.

Please, what exactly is that string of words intending to express, you lost me

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X