• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donald Tusk’s response to May’s latest speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Almost works, except of course Sainsbury's want to sell you a large amount of different goods. They also want to rule over who and what happens in your house. So its more like sharing a market stall with a lodger who thinks he is in charge.

We can choose to expel the lodger and set out our own stall in competition if we do that the lodger will lose sales and a bitter rivalry will start.
    The rivalry has already started, US companies are moving their financial companies abroad , like here in Frankfurt for instance. OK only small parts at the moment but you have given your competitors a bigger share of your market and Germany thanks you for the additional jobs and tax revenue.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      The rivalry has already started, US companies are moving their financial companies abroad , like here in Frankfurt for instance. OK only small parts at the moment but you have given your competitors a bigger share of your market and Germany thanks you for the additional jobs and tax revenue.
      Meh
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Meh
        indeed I think we should call the remoaners fear-mongering project Duh now.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Too much self preservation methinks.
          Why are brexiters so surprised, confused and upset that the EU27 are trying to preserve their union? Why are you so surprised that the EU won't give us everything we want, even if it makes the EU weaker? Why would they? The UK wants what's best for itself at a cost to the EU27 and yet it is they who are being unreasonable! I just can't believe the stupidity and ignorance of brexit voters.
          Last edited by Whorty; 2 March 2018, 22:41.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

US offers UK sh*te aviation deal post Brexit

Lets face it, not only will the EU offer the UK a sh*te deal, so will everyone else.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 March 2018, 20:47.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Theresa May has said the British government is examining the operation of the US-Canadian border as it seeks a solution to the Northern Ireland border problem.
              That's going to work well:

There are guns and armed customs guards on that border. Surely that is not what she has in mind?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

aha...Donald Tusk has now responded.

Donald Tusk rejects Theresa May's trade plan
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

We want your fish, goods trade, ambitious movement of people, and anti competitive clauses.

But you wanting services is cherries..
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    We want your fish, goods trade, ambitious movement of people, and anti competitive clauses.

But you wanting services is cherries..
                    Suck it up, snowflake.

Comment

This is my favourite bit:

Other provisions in the draft include a stipulation that the future relationship should be overseen by the European Court of Justice
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 March 2018, 17:59.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X