• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

yum - Chlorine-washed chicken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Note that it doesn't say they get to go outside - just that they have access to it.
    It also doesn't say they will have access to grass or soil to scratch.

A poultry farmer can call their chickens free range if they open the doors on the barn and that leads out onto a concrete area.

Free range chickens - whether raised for meat or for egg laying - may never have seen grass before they are killed.
    ...and most people aren't aware of what real free range chickens (or eggs) taste like.
    Maybe in Oz....but here:

This link implies UK free range chickens will always have access to the outside
    How free range is your free range egg? | BHWT
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      You cannot feed a growing population using traditional farming methods.

Maybe when no human being is diving of hunger we can start to look at other things?

Or is it okay for a few Africans to die so long as you can sit smugly eating your free range chicken?
      So you're okay with TTIP which is pretty much what the UK will get after the event?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Maybe in Oz....but here:

This link implies UK free range chickens will always have access to the outside
        How free range is your free range egg? | BHWT
        Good, you're learning.

Jane & the BHWT are a charity that we are involved in. We have taken several chickens from them - ones that would have been killed at 18 months. The oldest one we had lived to be 6. The 3 we currently have are around 3 years old and still producing 6-7 eggs per hen per week.

Now, compare a free range egg from a supermarket (even an organic one) with a free range egg from someone who keeps chickens. Then you'll know why people like to keep chickens.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          So you're okay with TTIP which is pretty much what the UK will get after the event?
          Did Blaster nick your crystal ball, or did you nick his, or have you got one each?
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Did Blaster nick your crystal ball, or did you nick his, or have you got one each?
            We both borrowed the one that Farage, Rees-Mog, Gove, Johnson, et. al. have been using since before the referendum only we took it out the box
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We both borrowed the one that Farage, Rees-Mog, Gove, Johnson, et. al. have been using since before the referendum only we took it out the box
              Ah, so you're both on the same level and hypocrites at the same time? - glad you're finally able to publicly admit it
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Ah, so you're both on the same level and hypocrites at the same time? - glad you're finally able to publicly admit it
                WGAS...at least we're not ring wingers and in denial...

Comment

WGAS...at least we're not ring wingers and in denial...
                  Who is in denial and about what?
                  but i'll play your avoidance game for now.....

WGAS..... at least they're not physically attacking those in skullcaps on the streets of Germany eh?

We can play this game for a while if you want
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Bastard experts, and British ones at that: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nella-listeria

So now not only can you have chicken that tastes like a swimming pool, it still has all the tulip in it

Comment

Not my problem, but what Is all the fuss about? If you are going to eat filthy carcasses, isn't it better to disinfect them first?

Comment

Working...
                      X