• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humming and Hawing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Think your smoking something illegal Mordac.
    * you're

Comment

Think your smoking something illegal Mordac.
      It's not illegal in some parts of the EU, but it's only a matter of time before the apparatchiks dip their hands in that particular aspect of our lives. Your grammar is a total pile of ******* **** btw. Much like your witty put-downs.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        It's not illegal in some parts of the EU, but it's only a matter of time before the apparatchiks dip their hands in that particular aspect of our lives. Your grammar is a total pile of ******* **** btw. Much like your witty put-downs.
        Use of "your" instead of "you're" is not a grammatical error, you ignoramus. It's a spelling mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Use of "your" instead of "you're" is not a grammatical error, you ignoramus. It's a spelling mistake.
          Their you go then, there all idiot remainers over they're in brexitland.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I've changed the poll to private - no need to make these things public, is there?

Some people like to keep themselves to themselves, don't they rogerfederer?
            Thank you for doing that.

Having not set up a poll before I suggest it is worthwhile removing the 'public' option. I took this to mean any poster can view the poll, rather than it publishing the details of who has voted and in which regard. I was also unable to edit the poll once it was posted, even whilst it had no votes.

Comment

I would have voted "No, everything will work itself out, and the UK will eventually be better off after Brexit" but you didn't include it as an option. On the other hand, if we end up with a Corbyn government, I'd be seriously considering my options.
              If you're thinking of moving to France, you'd better start learning French, and be prepared for the bureaucracy, which will be far worse than anything you can imagine.
              I think most people aware of the complexities of word choice are suspicious of phrases such as "better off". If you suggest something intangible and fluid is a gain here then you can always achieve it.

Are you a middle manager?

Most people will be worse off in monetary terms and the current projects we enjoy tackling together are going to nosedive in numbers. Not good for contractors.

The international desire for trade with the UK is collectively not there. This is the real issue. True contractors have to travel for the best projects and the highest rates. For me, I will move abroad on a temporary basis until the tide has turned and things improve. It is with good reason most of the highest paid contractors I know are skeptical of brexit and have a plan B in place to move within the next year. It seems logical to me. Just interested to see what others think.

Comment

Had to google Apparatchiks and found out that its a member of the Russian communist party.

Dont get angry with your leaders Mordac they will send you to Siberia on a web scraping course for 10 years.

(By the way shouldn't you have spelt Apparatchiks with a capital as it's a name?)
                Last edited by motoukenin; 6 June 2018, 19:10.
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  * you're

I was using European English OPM I'm finding that British English is starting to die out.
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

For you lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rew_Ts1d7zY

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      democracy in action Cojak style or Putin?
                      Secret ballots, so people can vote without fear? I'm sure Putin is totally in favour of those.
                      Had to google Apparatchiks and found out that its a member of the Russian communist party.
                      You missed this bit

derogatoryhumorous
                      an official in a large political organization.

HTH
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X