• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May loses key Brexit votes and faces leadership challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ok so who would have been better then?
    Er, like I said, she has a better chance than anyone in the current circumstances, but it’s purely circumstantial. She’s a feckless politician viewed from any angle.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Er, like I said, she has a better chance than anyone in the current circumstances, but it’s purely circumstantial. She’s a feckless politician viewed from any angle.
      And isn't that the punchline? May is the best the UK has.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        And Trump is the best the US have?

Again no better options just negative comments on the current incumbents.

Comment

Ok so who would have been better then?

As expected we did not get an answers did we - we just got the usual 'Brexit is bad, May is tulip'.

Problems we got loads of son - it's solutions which are a bit thin on the ground.
          As a Remainer Teresa is on a hiding to nothing trying to deal with Brexit.
          It is a thankless task and I think she's trying to do an impossible job.
          I think it would be better of one of the Brexiters (Bojo, Davies, Fox) took over.
          It's for Brexiters to provide solutions, not Remainers.
          It's Remainers job to laugh when, due to Brexit, you have you have to use the foodbanks that your hero, JRM, thinks are a spiffing idea.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            As a Remainer Teresa is on a hiding to nothing trying to deal with Brexit.
            It is a thankless task and I think she's trying to do an impossible job.
            I think it would be better of one of the Brexiters (Bojo, Davies, Fox) took over.
            It's for Brexiters to provide solutions, not Remainers.
            It's Remainers job to laugh when, due to Brexit, you have you have to use the foodbanks that your hero, JRM, thinks are a spiffing idea.
            So "Remainers" are going to do what? Laugh from the sidelines? I doubt that very much. Anyone with any sense will muck in and help the UK through the changes and challenges that lay ahead.

Failing that, those that lack the will, backbone and ability can ***** off to another country and stay out of our way.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And Trump is the best the US have?

Again no better options just negative comments on the current incumbents.
              No, almost anyone is US politics is better than Trump. Lots of better options (which is the opposite of no better options), including all of the Republican and Democrat candidates who made it through to the primaries. Trump is mentally unstable.

The UK is different because the current crop of politicians is so poor (Thatcher, Major, Blair or Brown would have managed better, possibly even Cameron). May is probably the best of the bunch and is at least not mentally unstable, just hopelessly out of her depth.

Comment

If you want Brexit to actually happen, yes. I’d like to see Gove as PM, but he wouldn’t last five minutes in the current circumstances. Ruth Davidson is another possibility too, but only post-Brexit, and it’s doubtful she’d win a vote among party members.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Failing that, those that have the will, backbone and ability can ***** off to another country .
                  FTFY. How's the Merc doing BTW?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    FTFY. How's the Merc doing BTW?
                    The Merc is fine. I'm considering its replacement.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

May is probably the best of the bunch
                      No, clearly not, but she’s an adequate human shield between the warring factions, pre-Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X