• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, which of you was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, which of you was it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45286983
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Fifteen suitcases of the drug were found at Farnborough Airport in January on a plane returning from Columbia.

Allessandro Iembo, Martin Neil, Victor Franco-Lorenzo and Jose Ramon Miguelez-Botas claimed they were unaware of the cases' contents.

Border Force officers said the haul was one of the largest they had dealt with.

Italian national Iembo, 28, and Neil, 49, from Bournemouth, and Spanish co-defendants Franco-Lorenzo, 40, and Miguelez-Botas, 56, were found guilty of fraudulent evasion of a prohibition in relation to a class A controlled drug, between 30 October last year and 30 January.

Neil's brother, Stephen, who was also on trial, was found not guilty of the charge.

Martin Neil, Iembo and Franco-Lorenzo were jailed for 24 years each, while Miguelez-Botas was given 20 years by Judge Philip Shorrock.
    Anyone named Martin Neil? the rest all seem to be from that land of milk & honey named the EU. Do you reckon we will deport them at the end of their sentence?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      ...the rest all seem to be from that land of milk & honey named the EU. Do you reckon we will deport them at the end of their sentence?
      You weren't this bitter and twisted before the referendum. I wonder why winning has turned you into such a whiner.

Oh rats, I'll have to move this to Brexit now.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        You weren't this bitter and twisted before the referendum. I wonder why winning has turned you into such a whiner.

Oh rats, I'll have to move this to Brexit now.
        hey its an easy target!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X