• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit No Deal DOOM™: Brexit deal is 'dead'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The British were doing it legally, the French got violent & the EU did nothing.

I agree if the beds shouldn't be fished for conservation reasons then by all means arrange that with all parties before the season starts. If you can't then discuss it calmly and legally not throw rocks or steal lobster pots.

If the British were attacking the French without cause I would be backing the French.
    That area is not covered by the EU, it is international waters.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Barnier planning HUMILIATING Brexit deal

Mr Coburn insisted that "destroying Brexit" would aide the Frenchman in his endeavour to take over the Commission.

He continued: "Humiliating Britain, destroying Brexit and punishing the UK for our arrogance and daring to vote for our country to run its own affairs would put him in that position.

"I think it’s plain to see for most sane voters that the UK Government and the European Commission are incapable of coming to an agreement that benefits the British people."

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        That area is not covered by the EU, it is international waters.
        So this is another useless quango we can dump then?

https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/fishing_rules_en

It is in everyone's interest to have a fisheries management system in place to

safeguard stock reproduction for high long-term yield
        lay the foundations for a profitable industry
        share out fishing opportunities fairly, and
        conserve marine resources

https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/f...cess-to-waters

As a general rule, fishing vessels registered in the EU fishing fleet register have equal access to all the EU waters and resources that are managed under the CFP. Access to fisheries is normally authorized through a fishing licence.

There are two temporary exceptions to this rule of equal access.

In the waters up to 12 nautical miles from the coasts of the EU countries access can be limited by the EU country to vessels and fisheries that traditionally fish in those waters from adjacent ports, to vessels identified under existing neighbourhood relations, and to vessels related to fisheries as listed in the CFP (annex ISearch for available translations of the preceding link•••). These restrictions generally give preferred access to vessels that traditionally fish in those waters from the adjacent ports.
        In the waters up to 100 nautical miles from the coasts of Europe’s outermost regions access can be restricted to vessels registered in the ports of these territories and to vessels that traditionally fish in those waters.
        I assume the UK fishing fleet count as part of the EU

You competing with AssGuru for thickest remainer on the block?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          so we really need to make a success of Brexit otherwise Barnier rules Europe? No pressure!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so we really need to make a success of Brexit otherwise Barnier rules Europe? No pressure!
            Labour would vote down a Canada style deal

The only Brexit that can command a majority in parliament is BRINO, i.e. the humiliating deal that Barnier has in mind.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Barnier planning
              Oxymoron of the month........

LOL
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If the British were attacking the French without cause I would be backing the French.
                None issue. If the British were attacking the French, the French would have immediately surrendered.

Comment

Another reason to push on with the hardest of hard Brexits:

Merkel supports plan to "steal" Euro clearing from London at the earliest opportunity

Might take a while but it looks like the EU will be making a big effort to "hollow out" London.

By the time Trump has his signature on the new US-UK deal I think we'll know where the rest of it will end up. London can go back to being the pick-pocket capital of the world just as it was in Dickens time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So this is another useless quango we can dump then?

https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/fishing_rules_en

https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/cfp/f...cess-to-waters

I assume the UK fishing fleet count as part of the EU

You competing with AssGuru for thickest remainer on the block?
                    The clue is in the word “fish”.

Look up whether shellfish fall under the CFP in those waters.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      The clue is in the word “fish”.

Look up whether shellfish fall under the CFP in those waters.
                      You're not suggesting that vetran (sic) doesn't know what he's talking about, are you? Shirley not.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X