• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks hit real problem - hard Brexit here we come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    All those words and you still can't point to a single positive that Brexit will bring?
    You are such a pointless miserable materialistic twat aren't you?

Let's just start with the big positive.

We will no longer need to get the permission from the rest of Europe when want to change something about our country.

Like say we want a trade deal with 'insert country here' - oh if we are in the EU we best make sure all 27 other countries agree with us and let us do it - especially the germans.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

We will no longer need to get the permission from the rest of Europe when want to change something about our country.

Like say we want a trade deal with 'insert country here' - oh if we are in the EU we best make sure all 27 other countries agree with us and let us do it - especially the germans.
      What permission does the UK need from Brussels to change something about the UK? For example what permission was needed for HS2, 3d Heathrow runway, windmill parks in the North sea, building new houses, building new roads, changing criminal law, etc can go on for a while

Comment

I think on the whole the Uk will be a better place for all the people who live here.
        In what ways?

Richer?
        Healthier?
        Happier?
        Better fed?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          In what ways?

Richer?
          Healthier?
          Happier?
          Better fed?
          All of the above

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            All of the above

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
            How? Please tell me. I may start to support brexit if it's true

Comment

Look if you want a safe space so you can suck your thumb, feel free to go into a corner

We never did in the first place.

In order to trade you need something to trade.
              The EU as a collective bloc of the richest area in the world can negotiate far better trade deals than little old UK will.
              Using EU trade deals Germany has managed to become the biggest or 2nd biggest exporter in the world.
              France and Italy manufacture more.
              Even Spain builds more cars than the UK
              So the UK's failure is obviously nothing to do with the EU, more to do with the fact that the decision was made in the 80s to decimate manufacturing.
              Brexit will not help the manufacturing industry that's left at all especially those that use JIT supply chains.
              Replicating EU trade deals will cost billions and years in time.

So I'm afraid your argument for a potential benefit of Brexit fails on many fronts
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just One

Fantastic! Relentless persistence and we pointless miserable materialistic twats have finally got a concrete example from arch-Brexiteer Original! This is more exciting than Watergate.

Only there's a slight problem

You accidentally put 'insert country here' when obviously you meant to tell us which country.

Just name one. That's all you've go to do.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Shall I ask admin to rename you spiritualGuru?

Thus spake the prophet original PM.

Woe to ye who speak against the Holy Brexit
                  Woe to ye who love the evil Babylon that I pronounce
                  Is the evil EUSSR that was spoken of by our Lord, Farage
                  In the last days.

Blessed are you who suffer.
                  Blessed are you who hunger.
                  Blessed are you who are poor.
                  Blessed are you who are without home.

Rejoice, my people, in your freedom!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    Fantastic! Relentless persistence and we pointless miserable materialistic twats have finally got a concrete example from arch-Brexiteer Original! This is more exciting than Watergate.

Only there's a slight problem

You accidentally put 'insert country here' when obviously you meant to tell us which country.

Just name one. That's all you've go to do.
                    Narnia.

Comment

OriginalPM - Saviour of the Brexit Impasse

Like say we want a trade deal with 'insert country here'
                      @Original,

David Davis amongst many others is always banging on about the rich vein of foreign trade we can mine once we cast off the shackles of the EU framework we work under. This has been a mystery to remainers so we're pleased that you seem to know what this might be about.

To help you focus, these are the top selling British exports:

Rank UK Export Product 2017 Value (US$) Change

1 Cars $41.9 billion +2.7%
                      2 Turbo-jets $25.2 billion +29.9%
                      3 Medication mixes in dosage $20.4 billion -6.1%
                      4 Crude oil $19 billion +44.1%
                      5 Gold (unwrought) $17 billion +9.3%
                      6 Aircraft parts $16.1 billion +7.6%
                      7 Processed petroleum oils $11.3 billion +23.7%
                      8 Blood fractions (including antisera) $9.7 billion +11.5%
                      9 Alcohol (including spirits, liqueurs) $7.3 billion +3.5%
                      10 Automobile parts/accessories $6.6 billion +4.7%

And this is how exports are distributed:

54.4% of UK exports by value were delivered to other European trade partners while 22.6% were sold to Asian importers. United Kingdom shipped another 15% worth to North America. Smaller percentages arrived in Africa (2.5%), Oceania led by Australia and New Zealand (1.6%) and Latin America excluding Mexico but including the Caribbean (1.4%)

I guess we can agree that no new countries of any significance whatsoever are likely to appear. So let's deal with the ones already in existence:

1) Is there any country that the EU does not provide a trading relationship for us to operate under?
                      2) Is there any country where we could negotiate a better trading relationship than the EU has done, and will continue to do?

I don't know but I would assume (1) can't exist. If it did, we would go to the EU and say we all need to fill the gap. The other 27 would also be asking the same question.

That leaves (2). Remainers think that negotiating as part of one of the biggest trading blocks in the world is noticeably better than rocking up on your own. OK. the UK is the fifth largest economy but it is only a quarter the size of the top 4 EU countries (including us). So what is the mystery country/trading block that will give us something that suits us better, and in what possible way would the deal be better for us?

Just one country or one product would shine a light on this. So far David Davis, Boris, JRM and all the rest have singularly failed to give a single example, so cometh the hour; cometh the Original!
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X