• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BЯEXIT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I’ll stand up for him here:
    He may have been in NI and seen action there.
    Doubtful though, because if he had, he’d maybe have an inkling as to why the Irish Border issue is such a big one that requires more than just smilies to resolve.
    So your idea of standing up for someone is to call them a liar and knife them in the back? Are you trying to get promoted to admin?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Exactly, had he been in Ireland he'd have already said. He said he was in Germany protecting (ha ha) us single handedly against the Russians. And let's face it anyway, the British army and secret service hardly comes out of the Irish troubles whiter than white.
      How would you know, when did you serve in NI?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        How would you know, when did you serve in NI?
        I didn't. But I wasn't the one calling out someone else as a coward.

As for knowing we didn't come out if the troubles whiter than white, well, I can read!
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I didn't. But I wasn't the one calling out someone else as a coward.

As for knowing we didn't come out if the troubles whiter than white, well, I can read!
          Now this is what really screwed up society!!!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

whiter than white
            Racist.

Of course, being a Remainer it is fine for you to post that. Any Brexiter would have been banned by now.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              So your idea of standing up for someone is to call them a liar and knife them in the back? Are you trying to get promoted to admin?
              Not quite. I said he may have served in NI.
              That was standing up for him, against someone who believes the only combat experience UK soldiers would have had between 1970 and 1990 would have been the Falklands.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Not quite. I said he may have served in NI.
                That was standing up for him, against someone who believes the only combat experience UK soldiers would have had between 1970 and 1990 would have been the Falklands.
                My dad said the only fighting he saw in the Suez was in the NAAFI. At least Shauny can take credit for that.

Comment

He said he was in Germany protecting (ha ha) us single handedly against the Russians.

Well no not really, never said anything of the sort. But please do feel free to embellish your drivel with lies if you feel it helps you to gain some "traction".

All I stated was the fact that I, like a great many others, served in West Germany during the Cold War. Nothing more.

I bet you are the kind of bloke that, having taken out a gold-plated home insurance policy, whinges like a b1tch at the end of the year because his house never burned down thus allowing him to claim against said policy.

As for AtW, he emigrated to avoid National Service and has regularly boasted about it on here, claiming that he disagreed with Russian foreign policy over Chechnya.
                  Not really how it works I am afraid. Not if you want to avoid being called out for being a backsliding chicken.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

As for AtW, he emigrated to avoid National Service and has regularly boasted about it on here, claiming that he disagreed with Russian foreign policy over Chechnya.
                    Not really how it works I am afraid. Not if you want to avoid being called out for being a backsliding chicken.

Seems entirely sensible and ethical on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Seems entirely sensible and ethical on his part.
                      Well worthy of white feather status anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X