• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of the best Brexit articles I have ever read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It is opinion presented as opinion, badged as a political sketch. But I can see why you were confused.
    rotflmfao

Milan.

Comment

Journalistic objectivity - Wikipedia

And the pertinent quote

Objectivity in journalism aims to help the audience make up their own mind about a story, providing the facts alone and then letting audiences interpret those on their own. To maintain objectivity in journalism, journalists should present the facts whether or not they like or agree with those facts. Objective reporting is meant to portray issues and events in a neutral and unbiased manner, regardless of the writers opinion or personal beliefs.

Journalistic objectivity requires that a journalist not be on either side of an argument. The journalist must report only the facts and not a personal attitude toward the facts.[5] While objectivity is a complex and dynamic notion that may refer to a multitude of techniques and practices, it generally refers to the idea of "three distinct, yet interrelated, concepts": truthfulness, neutrality, and detachment.[6]

So I suppose yes that was opinion peddled as opinion in the paper and yet it was posted on here as a supposed fact to back up the remain argument.

Now do you understand or are you happy to be lied to?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So I suppose yes that was opinion peddled as opinion in the paper and yet it was posted on here as a supposed fact to back up the remain argument.

Why do you say it was posted on here as a supposed fact?

Is there anything in the OP's post which says "this is a 100% factual, peer reviewed, piece of research"?

All he says is it is one of the best articles he has read. You're the one obsessed with saying it's presented as fact.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Is there anything in the OP's post which says "this is a 100% factual, peer reviewed, piece of research"?

All he says is it is one of the best articles he has read. You're the one obsessed with saying it's presented as fact.
          Well you do have a point. After all, this was originally posted by Benesy. Someone that has never really dealt in facts, preferring instead to inhabit some surreal half-world of Care Bears, Crap Cars, and Easter Bunnies.

It would be remiss of any of us to take any of his gibberish seriously.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Nah. This deal will get a bit more tweaking to the point where it just about satisfies sufficient numbers to get it passed first.

feck, feck, feck .... I agree with Shaun ...... I really must ensure I take my meds every day!
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              feck, feck, feck .... I agree with Shaun ...... I really must ensure I take my meds every day!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
                Not PosterBhoy.

You see he never displays the time. He just has an alarm that keeps going off.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

rotflmfao

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well you do have a point. After all, this was originally posted by Benesy. Someone that has never really dealt in facts, preferring instead to inhabit some surreal half-world of Care Bears, Crap Cars, and Easter Bunnies.

It would be remiss of any of us to take any of his gibberish seriously.

:-)

afternoon Shaun how's it going, hopefully you're doing fine

are you missing dirtbox cottage

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Journalistic objectivity - Wikipedia

And the pertinent quote

Objectivity in journalism aims to help the audience make up their own mind about a story, providing the facts alone and then letting audiences interpret those on their own. To maintain objectivity in journalism, journalists should present the facts whether or not they like or agree with those facts. Objective reporting is meant to portray issues and events in a neutral and unbiased manner, regardless of the writers opinion or personal beliefs.

Journalistic objectivity requires that a journalist not be on either side of an argument. The journalist must report only the facts and not a personal attitude toward the facts.[5] While objectivity is a complex and dynamic notion that may refer to a multitude of techniques and practices, it generally refers to the idea of "three distinct, yet interrelated, concepts": truthfulness, neutrality, and detachment.[6]

Parliamentary sketch writing - Wikipedia

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X