Growth slumps to lowest in two years as businesses panic over Brexit Growth slumps to lowest in two years as businesses panic over Brexit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 13 of 13

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, in a secure workhouse - you will share room with Napoleon
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    That is because Brexit hasn't happened yet. As soon as it does, the economy will experience a jam, tea and biscuit led export boom. The Tory Brexiteers have said it so it is the patriotic truth.
    And nearly every f-ing Brexiter that 'phones to LBC says, I have faith in Brexit, it's a matter of waiting a few years.

The messiah will come.... just keep waiting at the gates of Jerusalem...
    Brexit: Pay more to get less and having less money to pay for it.
    Brexiters: I want the rest of the UK to suffer and deprive the young of their future.

Better than AtW

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    The economy risks grinding to a halt as Brexit panic grips businesses, with new data showing activity slowed sharply in November.

GDP growth could be slashed to just 0.1pc in the final quarter of the year as a result, tumbling from 0.6pc in the previous three months.

The purchasing managersí index (PMI) from IHS Markit slowed to 50.4 last month, down from 52.2 in October to the worst score since the aftermath of the referendum in 2016. Any score above 50 indicates growth, so this suggests stagnation across the biggest part of the economy.

Economists had expected the PMI to rise to 52.7 in a modest acceleration of growth.

Growth slumps to lowest in two years as businesses panic over Brexit
    No tulip sherlock!

Hard Brexit now!

"In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."