• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The big day is here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    quickest one off wrist?

heaviest burger lift?

Longest tulip?
    O, the wit. So cutting. How do you think of such sharp put downs? Will I ever recover from them?

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I think I may have met one of you last night. A conversation was interrupted by a fervent Brexiteer who was glad the vote had failed because it wasn’t the will of the people. He thought May was the worst PM ever and that the best thing to happen would be for her to go. When I asked who should replace her, he said that the Tory party were a bunch of left wing Marxists and that 17 million people voted for a proper Conservative party.

His opinion is that everyone who voted for Brexit is from the far right and that there is no party in parliament who represent their views.
      ...He also believes that he shouldn’t have to go through airport security because he doesn’t look like a terrorist, that all Muslims are terrorists, and anyone who calls themselves a Muslim who doesn’t want to murder all non-Muslims, isn’t in fact a Muslim at all. And he’s very interested to know where people are “originally from”, no matter what your skin colour is, if you live in England you must prove your ancestry if your accent isn’t what he considers English.
      You should be wary of the people that you meet at your group therapy sessions.

Bottom line is that they are likely, just like you, to be another confused insecure simpleton with social issues.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think I may have met one of you last night. A conversation was interrupted by a fervent Brexiteer who was glad the vote had failed because it wasn’t the will of the people. He thought May was the worst PM ever and that the best thing to happen would be for her to go. When I asked who should replace her, he said that the Tory party were a bunch of left wing Marxists and that 17 million people voted for a proper Conservative party.

His opinion is that everyone who voted for Brexit is from the far right and that there is no party in parliament who represent their views.
        ...He also believes that he shouldn’t have to go through airport security because he doesn’t look like a terrorist, that all Muslims are terrorists, and anyone who calls themselves a Muslim who doesn’t want to murder all non-Muslims, isn’t in fact a Muslim at all. And he’s very interested to know where people are “originally from”, no matter what your skin colour is, if you live in England you must prove your ancestry if your accent isn’t what he considers English.

So, which of you is he?
        Can't have been me I am of German ancestry. My paternal Great Grandfather was German.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          Nah if you'd met me you would have known about it for I am The Dogs Bollocks. The Only One.

Hairy and smelly?

Comment

So, which of you is he?
            Unfortunately they are the vocal minority who claim to represent the 17.4m who voted out. For years they have resented anyone who does better than them, especially if those succeeding are not 'true English', and now the Brexit vote has given them a platform and a legitimacy (in their heads anyway) to spout their tosh. Forums like this, BBC HYS, Express comments are all full of such idiots.

Give it a minute or two and we see some in action
            Last edited by Whorty; 16 January 2019, 08:32.

Comment

The big day is here

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Bottom line is that they are likely, to be another confused insecure simpleton with social issues.
              Spot on. His social issues are that he hates foreigners and anyone who is different to him, he only believes what the Wail tells him and that everyone who is not pure-bred English is obviously scrounging and out to get him and his family.

Apart from the English bit, it could be you.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                What last night shenanigans showed is that parliament is no longer fit for purpose. Everyone conspiring for their own political gains rather than for either their constituents or the country.

One could even say that they voted ,with an overwhelming majority for a no deal Brexit as that is now the only option on the table.

Indeed effectively 400 odd people have the power to overturn the majority vote of the people.

If I thought for one minute any of them voted for hat way because they felt it was best for the UK then maybe they would get some respect.

but they didn't - the only place for politicians to make their mark if they are not good enough in the UK is in the parliamentary corridors of the EU - so we effectively gave these people the option of whether they think the UK should spend 350 million a week on providing them with job opportunities - of course they voted to keep this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1f48a4bc93d0

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Indeed effectively 400 odd people have the power to overturn the majority vote of the people.

If I thought for one minute any of them voted for hat way because they felt it was best for the UK then maybe they would get some respect.

but they didn't - the only place for politicians to make their mark if they are not good enough in the UK is in the parliamentary corridors of the EU - so we effectively gave these people the option of whether they think the UK should spend 350 million a week on providing them with job opportunities - of course they voted to keep this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1f48a4bc93d0
                  Keep the answer simple OPM, but do you think MPs should have voted for May's deal last night? Your tosh above doesn't actually say either way, you're just saying MPs are wrong, but not what you think they should have done last night.

May had a deal. The only deal. It would have taken us out of the EU. Should MPs have backed her last night?

If not, what deal would you like to see (and don't forget, no deal is not an option, you need to come up with an actual deal).

You're a PM (of sorts). You must have run projects where not all stakeholders see your (or your execs) vision. How did you win the hearts and minds and take everyone with you on your journey to a successful project?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I thought most people who voted leave didn't want May's deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Keep the answer simple OPM, but do you think MPs should have voted for May's deal last night? Your tosh above doesn't actually say either way, you're just saying MPs are wrong, but not what you think they should have done last night.

May had a deal. The only deal. It would have taken us out of the EU. Should MPs have backed her last night?

If not, what deal would you like to see (and don't forget, no deal is not an option, you need to come up with an actual deal).

You're a PM (of sorts). You must have run projects where not all stakeholders see your (or your execs) vision. How did you win the hearts and minds and take everyone with you on your journey to a successful project?
                      Well you can use logic, you can appeal to their greater good, you can appeal to their intellect

but some people are complete ass hats and have no interest in the project and will do their best to de rail it regardless of what is done

- in those instances should we cancel the project?

But the much bigger spectre now is Corbyn will hold a vote of no confidence and force a GE

if that happens and Corbyn gets in - do you think that is going to be a benefit to Britain? As Vince Cable said yesterday - all Corbyn would do differently from May is to extend the stay in the customs union - which helps no one.

Or actually I have a funny feeling Corbyn will not get in - so what is it still May? will we end up with a completely hung parliament which would benefit no body?

You can find out which way your MP voted here

Brexit: How did my MP vote on Theresa May's deal? - BBC News

Mine voted against but then he is a labour ****** - I do hope he comes knocking looking for votes it will be fun.

What I am struggling to find any info on is why they voted against the deal - anyone got any decent links?

Comment

Working...
                      X