• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn proposes a second referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    And how does the stop 29th March from happening. How do you propose to freeze time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Parliament can request the EU to extend A50.

Or parliament could revoke A50.

I don't know if you realise this, but parliament make laws in the UK. They can also revoke existing laws if there is a majority voting to do this.

Time is tight for sure, but where there is a will there is a way.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'll chalk thatoneup as a victory then

You do that if it lets you stay in your safe place
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I don't know if you realise this, but parliament make laws in the UK. They can also revoke existing laws if there is a majority voting to do this.

So you are suggesting that the last act of this parliament is to renege on it manifesto pledge and the manifesto pledge of the major opposition party.

We can as you say request an extension to A50 but the EU don't seem, at this time to be of the mind to grant it.

Comment

No it is not the same question.

In 2016 it was remain as we are now, or leave but with no idea what leave really was.

A 2nd ref would be clarifying what leave really means. Rather than the narnia and unicorns of 2016, we would be giving the british public some reality on what leave will entail. Most leavers are too blinkered of course to read the detail and will vote leave anyway as before, but some may actually look at the truth of what leave means and change their mind (conversely some remainers may look at the deal and think, yeah, not too bad, let's give it a go).
          You might have been a bit clueless, but that doesn't mean everyone else was...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So you say it is better to stay in an abusive 1 sided relationship because you do not know what it is like not to be in an abusive 1 sided relationship?

That's the reason battered spouses stay.

Just because the future will be different from the past it does not mean you need to be afraid of it.

Comment

and in the absence of a government, who sets the bills that are voted on?

The speaker..... Who's not a fan of no deal.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                So you say it is better to stay in an abusive 1 sided relationship because you do not know what it is like not to be in an abusive 1 sided relationship?

That's the reason battered spouses stay.

Just because the future will be different from the past it does not mean you need to be afraid of it.
                But we know what it was like. It was miserable, cold and poverty-stricken.
                Now it's not. It could be again though, if the swivel-eyes get their way.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So you are suggesting that the last act of this parliament is to renege on it manifesto pledge and the manifesto pledge of the major opposition party.
                  Yes. Manifesto pledges of an opposition party are not relevant the minute the election is over, and manifesto pledges of a minority government are not worth the paper they are written on. Apart from that, they were both lying to you anyway. Sorry.

We can as you say request an extension to A50 but the EU don't seem, at this time to be of the mind to grant it.
                  Not true, the EU have made noises that they would consider extending for a valid reason. Saying that our government is a bit tulip is not a valid reason.

Comment

Just out of interest I looked up the Conservative manifesto (here: https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/c...sperous....pdf)

Page 6:
                    Brexit and a changing world. We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the European Union and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.
                    Anything less than a smooth and orderly departure is not meeting their manifesto pledge anyway.

So how's that Brexit going for you? Smooth and orderly?

Comment

But you are still asking the same question do people want to leave or not. All you have done is rephrased the same question. That is asking the same question.

Being more specific is not the same as rephrasing. Does that help you understand now?

Comment

Working...
                      X