• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK to benefit from new free trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK to benefit from new free trade deal

... for 57 days.

Britain to benefit from EU-Japan trade deal for just 57 days | Irish Examiner

You have to say if the 10 million pages of agreement work for UK-to-Japan for the next 57 days you have to question why they couldn't work for the following 57/5700 days. I'm surprised Liam Fox hasn't got a position from Japan on this by now.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      You have to say if the 10 million pages of agreement work for UK-to-Japan for the next 57 days you have to question why they couldn't work for the following 57/5700 days. I'm surprised Liam Fox hasn't got a position from Japan on this by now.
      The Japanese chief trade negotiator is washing his hair.

Comment

ooh we need the Japanese to keep them Toyotas around LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
          ooh we need the Japanese to keep them Toyotas around LOL
          The Toyota Hilux in indestructible, even a hard brexit wouldn't scratch a Toyota Hilux

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            The Toyota Hilux in indestructible, even a hard brexit wouldn't scratch a Toyota Hilux
            hahaha.. was talking about them hybrids lol

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
              hahaha.. was talking about them hybrids lol
              well don't.

Comment

The new Japanese trade deal with the EU has agreed 0% tariffs on Japanese car imports.

So the question is how much will Nissan and Toyota invest in the UK if the EU charges 9% tariffs from the UK and 0% from Japan.

I wonder whether they will be cheering about Brexit in the Nissan car plant in Sunderland in 6 months time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The new Japanese trade deal with the EU has agreed 0% tariffs on Japanese car imports.

So the question is how much will Nissan and Toyota invest in the UK if the EU charges 9% tariffs from the UK and 0% from Japan.

I wonder whether they will be cheering about Brexit in the Nissan car plant in Sunderland in 6 months time.

Japanese whisky also set to be a big winner, with 15% tariffs removed on sales to the EU. Scotch, on the other hand, now faces MFN tariffs in sales to both the EU and Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

BMW happy about this are they?

Comment

Working...
                    X