• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which country is more dysfunctional in 2019 : USA or UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Try telling that to the US farmers whose Soya Beans are rotting the fields because the US can't overcome its hurdle

You will see Trump cave to the Chinese in the next few weeks having achieved virtually nothing.

You will also see the UK cave as it tries to overcome the "hurdle" after a no deal.

Not the soya beans

say it ain't so....

Comment

It's quite amusing how Brexiteers always use vague language about how things will be "sorted out" without explaining how. They have no strategy.

They're going to find the EU is a big powerful immovable object, and the UK will be bending to its will sooner or later.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        It will be figured out because business/finance control governments, at least in the western world. It's just a hurdle to be overcome. It doesn't alter the economics of a country with a sound basis in services and high tech engineering etc.

This does not mean the UK is in a mess, it's just a hurdle to jump and it will be.
        You don't have a crystal ball to know that it will be figured out. There is a tempting view point that at the edge of the cliff (leaving with no deal) people will step back. I think that will probably happen but it may not. The most obvious and catastrophic example in modern history of mis-steps at a critical point is the outbreak of WW1.

So within this context, not knowing what the trade rules will be between the UK and the EU in two months' time is a mess. If you disagree, not much point arguing about it.

Comment

Try telling that to the US farmers whose Soya Beans are rotting the fields because the US can't overcome its hurdle

You will see Trump cave to the Chinese in the next few weeks having achieved virtually nothing.

You will also see the UK cave as it tries to overcome the "hurdle" after a no deal.

Well, that's the US and Soya Beans not trade rules. TBF to Trump, there is a big problem with China and stealing IP and tech. It's very difficult for foreign companies to setup and sell to China. So there is a huge imbalance.

So, something needs to be done. The economy is doing quite well in the US, as I understand.

Comment

Well, that's the US and Soya Beans not trade rules. TBF to Trump, there is a big problem with China and stealing IP and tech. It's very difficult for foreign companies to setup and sell to China. So there is a huge imbalance.

So, something needs to be done. The economy is doing quite well in the US, as I understand.
            Orange man bad

Soya bean rotted

Comment

The US, they knew what they were getting when they voted, we at least assumed it would be better
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes and the point is when you enter into a trade dispute, such as a no deal "the soya beans rot in the field", amongst many other problems.

The consequences of a no deal will be 10 times worse for the UK than the US trade skirmish with China. If the US enters a full scale trade war it's screwed, that would be the equivalent of a no deal Brexit.

However for these reasons a no-deal Brexit isn't going to happen.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yes and the point is when you enter into a trade dispute, such as a no deal "the soya beans rot in the field", amongst many other problems.

The consequences of a no deal will be 10 times worse for the UK than the US trade skirmish with China. If the US enters a full scale trade war it's screwed, that would be the equivalent of a no deal Brexit.

However for these reasons a no-deal Brexit probably isn't going to happen.

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    The US, they knew what they were getting when they voted, we at least assumed it would be better
                    A substantial minority did not assume that it would be better, but this was dismissed as "Project Fear".

There's a divisiveness of almost religious proportions even now. It's not that difficult to find Remain commentators that say that No Deal will be catastrophic, and Leave commentators that say that No Deal will be beneficial. They can't both be right.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      A substantial minority did not assume that it would be better, but this was dismissed as "Project Fear".

There's a divisiveness of almost religious proportions even now. It's not that difficult to find Remain commentators that say that No Deal will be catastrophic, and Leave commentators that say that No Deal will be beneficial. They can't both be right.
                      Depends on your perspective. It will suit some rich and powerful people. For the ordinary citizen it will be bad news.

Comment

Working...
                      X