• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit surcharge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose they have to pay their workers now.

Details of Porsche's Nazi ties spoil centennial bash - Israeli Culture - Haaretz

In 1999 the company awarded compensation of 10,000 marks (about NIS 25,000 at the time) to seven former forced laborers, and established a fund of 5 million euros (about NIS 25 million) to compensate all the former forced laborers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Yawn.

Lose the argument on Brexit, dig up a ten-year-old article to find (surprise!) German company had links with Nazis in WWII.

Pathetic. Try sticking to the subject next time.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Not really this is plainly profiteering but maybe it just shows the fear from companies scared of losing access to a lucrative market.
        How is it profiteering if they are just trying to cover themselves from possible tax? Surcharge is conditional on it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          How is it profiteering if they are just trying to cover themselves from possible tax? Surcharge is conditional on it
          Because he doesn’t know what the word “profiteering” means, and would rather blame someone else for his decision to Leave and for U.K. tariffs to increase prices for U.K. consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Because he doesn’t know what the word “profiteering” means, and would rather blame someone else for his decision to Leave and for U.K. tariffs to increase prices for U.K. consumers.
            He is a very good reason to set minimum IQ requirements for voting in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Yawn.

Lose the argument on Brexit, dig up a ten-year-old article to find (surprise!) German company had links with Nazis in WWII.

Pathetic. Try sticking to the subject next time.
              Most amusing, coming from a Mail reader.

Comment

Brexit surcharge

Would VAT also be added to the 10%? I suspect so.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Would VAT also be added to the 10%? I suspect so.
                  I'd say so. If the net consumer price has gone up, then VAT will be added on top.

Comment

I haven't been asked for surcharge yet on my Cupra Ateca. All part of the same organisation (VW Group).

If the ask for one I will be very tempted to tell them to do one!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      I haven't been asked for surcharge yet on my Cupra Ateca
                      When did you sign contract to have one?

Comment

Working...
                      X