• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who needs Honda anyway...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Did you read the article?
    No....but to be fair, he DID look at some of the pictures.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Did you read the article?

Ah, so basic comprehension is beyond you.

If Toyota are happy to stay in the UK making cars, and can make them without diesel engines, then, Mr Brains of Brexit, why can none of the other manufacturers?

You really are a bit slow.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Do you not think that the global car industry is just shifting its operations to be closer to the business growth area

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mck...beyond.%20ashx

Interesting that the European car market went from a EUR15 Billion profit to in 2007 to a EUR1 billion loss in 2012. (page 7 of above report)

Growth, or at least sustainable areas for the global car market appear to be North America and BRICS and RoW (excluding North Korea and Japan). BRICS and RoW accounted for almost 60% of the global car market profits in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ah, so basic comprehension is beyond you.

If Toyota are happy to stay in the UK making cars, and can make them without diesel engines, then, Mr Brains of Brexit, why can none of the other manufacturers?

You really are a bit slow.
          Why would they want to, where is the demand?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            Do you not think that the global car industry is just shifting its operations to be closer to the business growth area

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mck...beyond.%20ashx

Interesting that the European car market went from a EUR15 Billion profit to in 2007 to a EUR1 billion loss in 2012. (page 7 of above report)

Growth, or at least sustainable areas for the global car market appear to be North America and BRICS and RoW (excluding North Korea and Japan). BRICS and RoW accounted for almost 60% of the global car market profits in 2012.

So, a report from 6 years ago which looks at the previous 6 years is what you're relying on?

But you're right, the emerging markets are where it's at - that's why European manufacturing is moving towards them. Spanish Kodiaqs made along side the Skoda Ateca in Eastern Europe...

Comment

So, a report from 6 years ago which looks at the previous 6 years is what you're relying on?

But you're right, the emerging markets are where it's at - that's why European manufacturing is moving towards them. Spanish Kodiaqs made along side the Skoda Ateca in Eastern Europe...
              I didn't realise that Skoda made the Ateca? Must be a new line for them.

But it is good to see that you agree with me regarding the direction of the global automotive industry

Comment

I didn't realise that Skoda made the Ateca? Must be a new line for them.
                They've made them for several years - I'm not the one who has ordered one convinced they are made in Spain

But it is good to see that you agree with me regarding the direction of the global automotive industry
                Your contradictory spin is outstanding.

But it's good to see that you agree that the UK is such a tiny player in the world stage that it's going to struggle to make any easy trade deals with anyone, having done a great job of alienating it's largest customer.

Comment

They've made them for several years - I'm not the one who has ordered one convinced they are made in Spain

But it's good to see that you agree that the UK is such a tiny player in the world stage that it's going to struggle to make any easy trade deals with anyone, having done a great job of alienating it's largest customer.
                  You appear to be really upset about this whole Brexit thing.

Are You Cut Out To Be British?

We Brits are resilient, resourceful and will get on with it, you seem to have just rolled over and concluded that it's all going to be a failure, stop whining, wait and see what happens and then deal with it.
                  Last edited by Zigenare; 19 February 2019, 10:25.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

We Brits are resilient, resourceful and will get on with it,
                    Yes like cowardly fleeing for the Germans and call it heroic #Dunkirk

Comment

But I didn't order a Skoda.

Can you see where you are going wrong now

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                      X