• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No deal brexit means £52 visas for EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deal brexit means £52 visas for EU

Britons may need GBP52 visa to visit mainland Europe after Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

project fear
    we have blue passports
    lots of mays and mights
    They need our tourist money
    They need our jam
    I'm not going abroad anyway
    Blackpool is much better than Greece or Spain for summer holidays

So for the average Brit that visits the EU twice a year will pay roughly the same amount as they currently pay into the EU budget in taxes.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Visa == asking for lots more info == more rejections, it’s not just money.

Even with Shengen visa (afaik) one is supposed to enter through country whuch issued visa - so getting visa to Italy does not mean one can legally (unless that changed) enter next time to Germany.

Comment

Or we will no longer go on holiday in the EU.....

is that what they want?

is it?

hmmmm?

really???

Comment

But many Brexiters have an obsessive hatred of countries in the EU, so will not want to travel there anyway. It's no loss.

They are turning into Americans anyway, hate all foreigners, don't need a passport cause they won't use it, etc.

And expect some of them to say that the EU needs the UK tourists - that's the ones who never visit the EU anyway - to prop up the EU.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Inneresting its £52 and not in Euros...

Of course, the new via to visit UK from EU will cost £53.....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Inneresting its £52 and not in Euros...

Of course, the new via to visit UK from EU will cost £53 + VAT.....
              Gratis.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

From the OP article;

Petr Ježek, a Czech MEP, said Spain was “playing with fire” with just weeks to go before the UK leaves the EU.

“The negotiation is stuck,” he said. “Brexit will hurt immensely and we should do everything possible to soften the impact rather than create further problems for half a billion people. If there is no agreement, and no visa exemption for the UK, the British government may adopt a similar approach – and that would be a disaster.”

Tick Tock Spain, Tick Tock
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I mean Tourism only accounts for 16% of Spain's GDP

Tourism accounts for 16% of Spain’s Gross Domestic Product, according to CaixaBank Research

Not something you want to jeopardise?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I mean Tourism only accounts for 16% of Spain's GDP

Tourism accounts for 16% of Spain’s Gross Domestic Product, according to CaixaBank Research

Not something you want to jeopardise?
                    then again

Spain pushes for visas for Britons visiting the EU
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X