• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No deal better than a bad deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Forgot to add - WTFH, you never answered this question, from thread post #16

Originally posted by Bean
    How many meetings HAS he attended, according to you?

Here's post 16:
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    No, he does not.

He’s being paid to represent his constituents in the EP and in committees. He’s not being paid to ‘win’ every time, he’s being paid to negotiate Britain’s interests and represent us no matter what the outcome.

His whining about not getting his way would be more believable if he turned up more than one in 42 meetings, and if he bothered to vote in any of the CFP legislation.
    Is 42, the total number of meetings the committee ever had? (specifically, whilst he was a member of the committee)

Could you qualify if he ever turned up to more than 1 committee meeting?

Oh wait, you've simply swallowed the anti-UKIP propaganda and are now parroting a figure (1/42) which uses very narrow dates, instead of including all the dates he was on the committee - fancy that

Pop - there goes your bubble!
    Which was a reply to Meridian, not me. And nowhere in that post did you say
    How many meetings HAS he attended, according to you?
    Tell me how many meetings he attended, where, following his best attempts at debate, discussion and negotiation, he was outvoted.

You wail on about how the big cry baby doesn't like being democratically outvoted all the time by democratically elected people who represent their constituencies, when he wants everything to be perfectly aligned to NF's diktat.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      That's incorrect. He is elected to represent constituents, not the party.
      As part of a political party, within the EP.

Originally posted by Europa.eu
      What do MEPs do?
      Your MEPs are your elected representatives in the EU and they represent your interests and those of your city or region in Europe. They listen to people with local and national concerns, interest groups and businesses. They can question and lobby the Commission and the Council of Ministers.

The Members of the European Parliament sit in political groups - they are not organised by nationality, but by political affiliation.
      What do MEPs do? | Elections & MEPs | European Parliament Liaison Office in the United Kingdom

A Political party is an interest group.

HTH BIDI

Think of it this way. Whose interests is he elected to represent?
      Different question with different words gets a different answer, shocker... see above

HTH
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Here's post 16:

Which was a reply to Meridian, not me. And nowhere in that post did you say

Tell me how many meetings he attended, where, following his best attempts at debate, discussion and negotiation, he was outvoted.

You wail on about how the big cry baby doesn't like being democratically outvoted all the time by democratically elected people who represent their constituencies, when he wants everything to be perfectly aligned to NF's diktat.
        Strawman, unless you can supply direct quotes to either him or me saying that... anyway

A bit of common sense, or searching, would have told you I mistook post #16 for post #15, so as you were;
        He did vote though, in multiple votes on the fisheries committee, or do you believe otherwise? How many meetings HAS he attended, according to you?
        (Or are you being very selective in what dates you are using to make your 'fact' true?)
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2628864

As for your other questions I'll first need your requirements to be clear;
        Are you expecting an answer based upon the very selective dates used for the 1/42 'statistic', or do you mean during ALL the dates for which he was a member of the committee (see the response to meridian (Post #25 for more details - https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...#post2629034)?
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

As part of a political party, within the EP.

What do MEPs do? | Elections & MEPs | European Parliament Liaison Office in the United Kingdom

A Political party is an interest group.

HTH BIDI

Different question with different words gets a different answer, shocker... see above

HTH
          Do you honestly believe that he is elected in part to represent UKIP?

Comment

Not anymore, as he's resigned from UKIP the only 'thing' he is representing is himself. Surely he should resign?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Not anymore, as he's resigned from UKIP the only 'thing' he is representing is himself. Surely he should resign?
              No. He is elected to represent his constituents.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Yes, we have a lovely trade deal, but it costs £10billion a year, and we can't even control our own fishing rights. Get back in your box, knob-ead...
                Sticking up for the elites?

More than a quarter of the United Kingdom’s fishing quota is in the hands of a tiny group of the country’s wealthiest families, an Unearthed investigation has found.

Just five families on the Sunday Times Rich List hold or control 29% of the UK’s fishing quota.

Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed

Who are the families on fishing's Rich List?

Alexander Buchan and family are ranked 804 in the 2018 Sunday Times Rich List, with an estimated net worth of £147m. The family’s Peterhead-based Lunar Fishing Company owns or controls 8.9% of the UK’s quota holdings (739,153 FQAs), making it the biggest quota holder in the UK.

Jan Colam and family are ranked 882 on the Rich List (estimated worth: £130m). The Colam family-owned company Interfish is the second largest quota holder, with 7.8% of the UK total (643,927 FQAs)

Robert Tait and family are ranked 980 on the Rich List (estimated worth: £115m). The family’s Klondyke Fishing Company is the UK’s third-largest quota holder, with 6.1% of the UK total (506,953 FQAs).

Andrew Marr and family are ranked 567 on the Rich List (estimated worth: £209m). The family’s Hull-based Andrew Marr International owns or controls 5.1% of UK quota holdings (419,937 FQAs), making it the UK’s 5th largest quota holder. It also has minority stakes in companies and vessel partnerships that hold a further 5.4% of UK quota (445,981 FQAS).

Sir Ian Wood and family are ranked 77 on the Rich List, with an estimated worth of £1.7bn (a fortune built largely on oil and gas services). Sir Ian’s fishing business, JW Holdings, holds 1% of the UK’s fishing quota (83,463 FQAs) and has minority investments in businesses/partnerships that hold a further 2.3% (192,169 FQAs).

Comment

As for your other questions I'll first need your requirements to be clear;
                  Are you expecting an answer based upon the very selective dates used for the 1/42 'statistic', or do you mean during ALL the dates for which he was a member of the committee (see the response to meridian (Post #25 for more details - https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...#post2629034)?

You keep repeating 1/42 - you've made the claim probably more often than anyone else on here.
                  So, tell me, on all the meetings when he was on the committee,
                  1. How often did he attend the debates?
                  2. How often did he take part in them in a constructive way?
                  3. How often did he vote?
                  4. How often did the vote result end up different to how he voted?

According to the figures you quote, on at least 41 occasions he did not attend/debate/vote, so that's 41 times where he can say what he likes, but he didn't vote, therefore he failed in his opportunity to represent the UK.

Comment

A bit of common sense,
                    A bit of common sense and you'd have voted Remain.

Comment

What did the Europa.eu link I provided to you have to say about it?
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X