• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit feel good story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit feel good story

Warms the cockles of the heart, so it does

Wetherspoon's profits plunge by 19% - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Great story, despite difficult times and gloomy forecasts from the Elitish BOE and Government, this fine company has still managed to increase revenue.

This fine British success story is a great example of what can be achieved by the British People. Unfortunately, it looks like Brexit may actually be off the cards, the elite have managed to rally the sheep and again Britain leading the world will have to be put off.

It's a shame we don't have Trump leading us, now there is a man after Thatchers heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Warms the cockles of the heart, so it does

Wetherspoon's profits plunge by 19% - BBC News
      It blamed a rise in labour costs, interest payments, utility bills, repairs and depreciation for the fall.
      Shouldn’t this have been expected? Wasn’t one of the benefits of Brexit that immigrants taking good British jobs would go home, and businesses would then need to pay more and not suppress wages?

Comment

Everyone will get hit by Brexit, Contractors also now receiving their 10% Brexit pay cuts. Though one could argue that the banks are getting a Brexit dividend as they can slash contractor rates.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Great story, despite difficult times and gloomy forecasts from the Elitish BOE and Government, this fine company has still managed to increase revenue.

This fine British success story is a great example of what can be achieved by the British People. Unfortunately, it looks like Brexit may actually be off the cards, the elite have managed to rally the sheep and again Britain leading the world will have to be put off.

It's a shame we don't have Trump leading us, now there is a man after Thatchers heart.
          ha ha ha great joke fella, but wrong thread. You want the joke thread You're welcome.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Everyone will get hit by Brexit, Contractors also now receiving their 10% Brexit pay cuts. Though one could argue that the banks are getting a Brexit dividend as they can slash contractor rates.

Really? I’ve just been extended. Brexit bonanza, all these new warehouses.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Really? I’ve just been extended. Brexit bonanza, all these new warehouses.
              As reported here:

Morgan Stanley cuts rates by 10%
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Revenue is not profit.

And it's not a fine company.

Comment

a pub chain that pays above minimum wage and is opening pubs, yep they are worthy of your mighty scorn.

You know his poodle has more disposable income than you?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X