• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Betrayal March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done to Liam who has agreed a deal with Norway.

Liam Fox announces post-Brexit trade agreement with Iceland and Norway - Evening Express

It will replicate the existing European Economic Area agreement (EEA) as far as possible, the Department for International Trade said.
    So demonstrating the advantage of Brexit in being able to negotiate trade agreements which are only slightly worse than the ones we currently have.

Still it's "our" trade deal not the EU's. You can't value that in terms of money.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      oherrr
      twat
      and Basel brush, - right on cue

twat II

any more? - roll up, roll up
      Nursery school must have finished early today....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

and Basel brush, - right on cue

twat II

any more? - roll up, roll up
        You'd be twat III
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Well done to Liam who has agreed a deal with Norway.

Liam Fox announces post-Brexit trade agreement with Iceland and Norway - Evening Express

So demonstrating the advantage of Brexit in being able to negotiate trade agreements which are only slightly worse than the ones we currently have.

Still it's "our" trade deal not the EU's. You can't value that in terms of money.

These agreements only come into effect if there is a 'hard Brexit' and are only 'iniatlled' so might never come into effect. Don't forget that he also signed one with that paragon of tax avoidance, Lichtenstein as well
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            These agreements only come into effect if there is a 'hard Brexit' and are only 'iniatlled' so might never come into effect. Don't forget that he also signed one with that paragon of tax avoidance, Lichtenstein as well
            Only in event of No Deal, and only for tariffs, apparently, so Fox is lying by saying that it is a rollover - no surprise there.

And then there’s a bit of vassalage for the U.K. :

Stig Eidissen on Twitter: "Norwegian media also reports that UK unilaterally will accept technical standards of Norwgian and Icelandic products, but not the other way around apparently.… https://t.co/Zps50LH87n"

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              They'll never make it all the way. First 'spoonies they come across, and they'll all be in there for a pensioner's special and a pint of cheap fizzy shyte.
              Prescient!

They’re down to 20 or so, parked outside The Unicorn ‘spoons.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Prescient!

They’re down to 20 or so, parked outside The Unicorn ‘spoons.

Can't find info anymore on the progress of the 'massive protest march' ..... press seemed to be bored of it. If (and it's a big if) it actually makes it to Westminster I can see the numbers being added to by rent-a-thug and there being some trouble, but these thugs will turn up to anything where a punch up is on offer. The numbers could well swell from the 20-30 now to well over a hundred

Brexit is a dead duck.
                Last edited by Whorty; 19 March 2019, 15:57.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  That would depend on whether they have the right honourable MP for Huntingdon leading the March. He was the last person to lead an Army into the houses of Parliament.
                  John Major? He's the reason we are where we are.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Betrayal March hires 200 Polish walkers after finding Brits are not willing to do the job
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

That might be truer than you think. There are a couple of young women near the front on the first day who have been seen at other Brexit meetings and are known to be 'paid for' models....

Comment

Working...
                      X