• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are the majority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interestingly enough I had absolutely no interest in joining in their 'discussion'
    Were they using too many big words?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No mainly because it was not a discussion it was some people with strong views telling other people why they were right and everyone else was wrong.

Comment

No mainly because it was not a discussion it was some people with strong moronic views telling other people why they were right and everyone else was wrong.
        Come on. Say it like it is. These people have no original ideas - they just have a list of rules on how to behave. Much easier than reasoning things out. (I find millennial baiting almost as much fun as gammon baiting).

Comment

Come on. Say it like it is. These people have no original ideas - they just have a list of rules on how to behave. Much easier than reasoning things out. (I find millennial baiting almost as much fun as gammon baiting).
          They are as entitled to their opinion as much as anyone.

That's why I love the illusion of freedom we have.

Comment

Much as you hate it, people are free to demonstrate in favour of their point of view, and you are free to bitch and whine that it is anti-democratic of them to do so.

Comment

I think the reason he, and most Brexiters, don't like the EU is because they're more coherent and intelligent than they are, even using a second language
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Doing what's best for the country, I don't think so somehow although I think many of us sussed that out a long time ago, back when Cameron called the referendum in order to stop the Tories losing 10-12 seats to UKIP:

I am told that the minutes of the cabinet meeting contain at least five references to the Tories’ narrow political concerns. According to the official account, written by Sir Mark Sedwill, the cabinet secretary, ministers discussed how the government is “committed to delivering Brexit — not to do so would be damaging to the Conservative party”. And in a clear sign of the political nature of the discussion chaired by the prime minister, the minutes end with the words: “The Conservative party wants to stay in government and get councillors elected. The arguments in parliament could jeopardise that.”It is extremely unusual for such language to creep into a civil service note — partisan debates are supposed to be limited to special political cabinet meetings from which officials are excluded. In fact the tone of the minutes was so extraordinary that the issue was raised at this morning’s cabinet meeting by ministers who stressed the importance of governing in the national rather than the party interest.
                This was, however, part of a pattern. One Whitehall source says: “In recent weeks there have been an increasing number of mentions in cabinet minutes about how Brexit has to be delivered for the sake of the Conservative party. That will be damning when the public inquiry into Brexit happens. The civil service are now finding ways of ensuring that the political decisions that are being taken will one day be fully understood.””
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sometimes I think you're not as thick as you make out. That was almost satirical.

Comment

Sometimes I think
                    Yes, alexei has been keeping count. He has yet to take his socks off.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Only hired models.
                      These 2, always at front of Leave Means Leave protests to distract from middle aged men trudging along behind

Comment

Working...
                      X