• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May resigns as PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why is it a march against the Tories?

It is a march against Brexit which has been agreed is going to happen via the democratic process.

This is a march against democracy.
    Your model of democracy. Is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Your model of democracy. Is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
        Another way of looking at some Brexiteers' shrill opposition to free assembly, free speech and further democratic votes, is that they view. The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 as some kind of Enabling Act, after which further expressions of democratic will are not allowed.

Of course these Brexiteers are entirely wrong and misunderstand the nature of British democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Why is it a march against the Tories?

It is a march against Brexit which has been agreed is going to happen via the democratic process.

This is a march against democracy.
          A sign of an intelligent mature person, is someone who can change their mind based on new facts. Sticking to your plan when you have new information, is pathetic. We wouldn't do this in our professional (or personal lives) so why do we think people should do this when it comes to politics.

Brits have now seen the lies from the leave side for what they are ... lies. The mature, intelligent voters are changing their mind and either think that the UK should stay now, or if we do leave we should look for a softer brexit. Either way, as a democratic nation, if our parliament cannot come up with a consensus it doesn't seem wrong to ask the people to have another say.

This is democracy in action; what you want is a fascist dictatorship.

I understand you won't like this. But then I'm not including you in the intelligent and mature group of Brits I spoke about above. You're a brexit religious zealot and can't see past your own prejudices. You'd be a much happier person if you just opened up your mind a bit
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            You're a brexit religious zealot and can't see past your own prejudices.
            Oh, the ironing!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Oh, the ironing!
              Saying it doesn't make it true.

I've said over and over again that I think we should now leave the EU. That doesn't mean I think leaving is better than staying, but so long as we have a controlled leave rather than crashing out then I think this is the only way to mend the damage created in our society from your lot.

You extreme leavers can never change your mind, you are so indoctrinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I've said over and over again that I think we should now leave the EU.
                Yes, staying in would just keep it festering for years.

We need something that puts the whole issue to bed for a good many years, ideally a generation.

Unfortunately, I doubt the likes of Farage and moggy will let the matter drop unless they get a hard exit.

Comment

Leaving, staying, being half in, all will make no difference.

In all cases the arguments and vitriol will continue indefinitely. The damage has been done, the UK will slowly fall apart.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The fact is the UK can't handle globalisation in whatever form and therefore its demise is now inevitable.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The fact is the UK can't handle globalisation in whatever form and therefore its demise is now inevitable.

We can't cope with countries, that were former colonies and 'below' us, now being on an equal if not superior to us. The world is changing and the dinosaurs need to adapt or become extinct

Comment

Working...
                      X