• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Elections (UK) 23 May 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The EU allocated UK seats elsewhere. And now have to allocate them back.

Why do the EU put up with this nonsense? Can't we focus on the common enemy? Trump and that guy who looks like Winnie the Poo.....
    It’s called rule of law

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      yup, tbf it was a bit half arsed.
      No, it was fine. Perhaps mine was too subtle.

President of the European Union - Wikipedia

The official title President of the European Union (or President of Europe) does not exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The EU allocated UK seats elsewhere. And now have to allocate them back.
        That's assuming anyone's going to vote in the Euro elections. Unless we're given a credible Brexit alternative party, I'm going to cross out one of the names and change it to Brexit, and put my X there. Childish I know, but no more so than what's happening in the House of Commons right now.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          That's assuming anyone's going to vote in the Euro elections. Unless we're given a credible Brexit alternative party, I'm going to cross out one of the names and change it to Brexit, and put my X there. Childish I know, but no more so than what's happening in the House of Commons right now.
          Nice one, that’s a great plan. You should encourage any Brexit-supporting friends and family to do the same ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Make sure you use a gammon coloured crayon. That will show 'em.

Comment

I may pay the €1800 to get my name on the ballot. I don't have any policies yet but can I rely on your vote?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I may pay the €1800 to get my name on the ballot. I don't have any policies yet but can I rely on your vote?
                What makes you think you need any policies. The only policy you need is a promise to attend and to claim your pension.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Was considering the same if the extension goes for a year. The deposit is £5000 though, refundable as long as you get more than 2.5% of the vote.

https://www.electoralcommission.org....-candidate.pdf
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Was considering the same if the extension goes for a year. The deposit is £5000 though, refundable as long as you get more than 2.5% of the vote.

https://www.electoralcommission.org....-candidate.pdf
                    Not many people vote, but perhaps that will change this year, but £5k is quite a lot to drop without some hope of a refund for deferred success.

I hadn't read far enough into it to realise there was an additional payment on top of the €1800 bribe.

Comment

Not many people vote, but perhaps that will change this year, but £5k is quite a lot to drop without some hope of a refund for deferred success.

I hadn't read far enough into it to realise there was an additional payment on top of the €1800 bribe.
                      Could be a lot worse, you might have invested £150M in Debenhams.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                      X