• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truths about Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Lots of insults in that message but not many points.
    how about

"the Brexit movement needs a detailed and credible and deliverable post-Brexit plan, taking into account the opportunities, risks and limitations of our predicament"
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      how about

"the Brexit movement needs a detailed and credible and deliverable post-Brexit plan, taking into account the opportunities, risks and limitations of our predicament"
      Detailed to what extent, who decides that. And when you say credible, credible to which group.

There is a plan to leave the EU from the PM, I read it a while back and with the exception of the backdoor and NI it seemed credible. Not detailed enough but it was a roadmap.

Now, it won't go through because parliament is made up of a significant number of people that don't want to leave. Others want a clean break, so to speak.

There is not a plan that will be deemed credible and detailed that will pass through parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        What if I want to go and live and work in one of the other 170 odd countries that are not in the EU?

Can I do that?

And if I can do that why can I not do that in the EU?

Or are you saying I may have to fill in a few more forms to work or trade in the EU?

And I am pretty sure if I had the ambition to work elsewhere but the UK then filling in a few forms would not really be a barrier?

So thanks for the accusation but no one has stopped you working wherever the hell you want.
        I am surprised that three years after the Brexit vote you still do not have an understanding of how your rights in the EU works.

What if I want to go and live and work in one of the other 170 odd countries that are not in the EU?
        Can I do that? And if I can do that why can I not do that in the EU?

That won't change in fact it may be more difficult. Currently, you DO NOT have the right to live and work in any one of the other 170 odd countries unless you meet their strict criteria.

Or are you saying I may have to fill in a few more forms to work or trade in the EU?

Currently, you can hop in your car tonight, drive to the EU, buy a house or find any job and start work tomorrow.
        Try flying out to India or Australia and doing that. BTW twenty years ago I was turned down for Canada and Australia due to age! Age does not stop me working in the EU even twenty years later

And I am pretty sure if I had the ambition to work elsewhere but the UK then filling in a few forms would not really be a barrier?

You can't guarantee entry and get work in another country just by filling forms, you can't even do that for the Falkland Islands. It took me two weeks to get a short term work visa for India with strict terms and conditions attached; whereas for Holland, I was interviewed on a Friday and started work at 10 am on Monday in Rotterdam.

So thanks for the accusation but no one has stopped you working wherever the hell you want.

You talk utter, utter Bollox

Sent from my CPM Osborne II
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Detailed to what extent, who decides that. And when you say credible, credible to which group.

There is a plan to leave the EU from the PM, I read it a while back and with the exception of the backdoor and NI it seemed credible. Not detailed enough but it was a roadmap.

Now, it won't go through because parliament is made up of a significant number of people that don't want to leave. Others want a clean break, so to speak.

There is not a plan that will be deemed credible and detailed that will pass through parliament.
          May’s plan is credible. It’s the only one.

Where’s the plan from those who don’t like it? (Excluding remaining which is a credible plan).
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            If you are a hermit and have no ambition to live or work in the EU or to carry out trade and business with the EU, then maybe it's not so great and you may get the satisfaction of preventing others, in particular, the young generation from doing so.
            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              So why is staying in the EU so great?
              What do I like about it personally? A few in no particular order:

Clean beaches
              Right to live, work, retire anywhere I want, including reciprocal healthcare
              No roaming charges
              Great nurses and doctors here in the U.K. (1 in 10 from EU)
              Employee rights, including parental leave and working time directive
              Redistributed investment to poorer areas
              Erasmus
              Collaboration on research that would be too expensive alone (incl Galileo, CERN, etc)
              Euratom
              Ability to buy anything from 550m people and have it shipped here tariff-free

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                What do I like about it personally? A few in no particular order:

Clean beaches
                Right to live, work, retire anywhere I want, including reciprocal healthcare
                No roaming charges
                Great nurses and doctors here in the U.K. (1 in 10 from EU)
                Employee rights, including parental leave and working time directive
                Redistributed investment to poorer areas
                Erasmus
                Collaboration on research that would be too expensive alone (incl Galileo, CERN, etc)
                Euratom
                Ability to buy anything from 550m people and have it shipped here tariff-free
                Dilution of gammons.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The question is, why did the Brexit leaders choose to lie to convince people that leaving was the best thing to do?
                  If leaving was genuinely the best thing ever for the UK, then they could have presented facts, not changed the argument, or reversed it.
                  What makes you think that it was this that influenced people?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Lots of insults in that message but not many points.
                    Standard remoan mantra.

The only good reason to stay in the EU is that Brussels is better than Westminster.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Dilution of gammons.
                      Ah - I was wondering what the collective noun was for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X