• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: the last ditch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Agree re WA. But No deal is not the only way forward. No Brexit is also a way forward.
    So you don't support democracy then, re: referendum.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      So you don't support democracy then, re: referendum.

That is untrue and an illogical conclusion.

Comment

That is untrue and an illogical conclusion.
        Suggestion the no Brexit is a way forward goes against the democratic will of the people as voiced at the referendum and is therefore against the democratic will of the people. Simples.

Comment

Suggestion the no Brexit is a way forward goes against the democratic will of the people as voiced at the referendum and is therefore against the democratic will of the people. Simples.

The suggestion does not go against the will of the people. The suggestion makes a statement of fact - it is a way forward. It may be a democratic way forward, or an undemocratic way forward, or it may be that there are shades of grey.

HTH
          BIDI

Comment

The suggestion does not go against the will of the people. The suggestion makes a statement of fact - it is a way forward. It may be a democratic way forward, or an undemocratic way forward, or it may be that there are shades of grey.

HTH
            BIDI
            The will of the people was a vote to leave therefore any implementation that does not deliver a leave result must be undemocratic. It is very black and white. No shades of grey required

Comment

The will of the people was a vote to leave therefore any implementation that does not deliver a leave result must be undemocratic. It is very black and white. No shades of grey required

What if there were a Remain result of a second referendum, which was enacted by democratically elected MPs? Which referendum result shoud be honoured then?

Comment

What if there were a Remain result of a second referendum, which was enacted by democratically elected MPs? Which referendum result shoud be honoured then?
                I have no objection to a 2nd referendum. In about 40 years time.

But asking people to vote until they give the right result sends the wrong message.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have no objection to a 2nd referendum. In about 40 years time.

But asking people to vote until they give the right result sends the wrong message.
                  Do you have an answer to my question?

Comment

Do you have an answer to my question?
                    Who appointed you Paxman?

Anyway, my response was better than you gave to Churchill earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Who appointed you Paxman?

Anyway, my response was better than you gave to Churchill earlier.
                      I accept your concession of defeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X