Lib Dems lead the polls Lib Dems lead the polls
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,001

    Default Lib Dems lead the polls

    You Gov - Lib Dems lead the polls

    be afraid
    ....be very afraid
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You Gov - Lib Dems lead the polls

    be afraid
    ....be very afraid
    But they still will not get as many seats (under the FPTP system) as either Labour or the OCnservatives and probably not many more than the SNP - from the same You Gov link) ]You Gov - Lib Dems lead the polls

    Once again heavily weighted in favour of the south of England, of the 1763 people sampled, 763 ( 43%) live in London(18% of the 763) or the South, 407 (23%) live in the Midlands/Wales, 429 (24%) live in the NORTH, and 164 (9%) liv in Scotland. Just saying!

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    But they still will not get as many seats (under the FPTP system) as either Labour or the OCnservatives and probably not many more than the SNP - from the same You Gov link) ]You Gov - Lib Dems lead the polls

    Once again heavily weighted in favour of the south of England, of the 1763 people sampled, 763 ( 43%) live in London(18% of the 763) or the South, 407 (23%) live in the Midlands/Wales, 429 (24%) live in the NORTH, and 164 (9%) liv in Scotland. Just saying!
    YouGov weights GB political surveys by (1) age interlocked with gender and education, (2)
    political attention (3) social grade (4) 2017 recalled vote interlocked with region and (5) EU
    referendum recalled vote. Weighting targets are YouGov estimates, data sources used in the
    calculation of targets are cited below. General election voting intention figures are additionally
    weighted by likelihood to vote. The poll was carried out online.
    YouGov Weighting Data
    All polls are subject to a wide range of potential sources of error. On the basis of the historical
    record of the polls at recent general elections, there is a 9 in 10 chance that the true value of a
    party’s support lies within 4 points of the estimates provided by this poll, and a 2 in 3 chance that
    they lie within 2 points.
    Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Just saying.
    So they basically fudge the results until they get the result somewhere close to what they want and then publish.

    Lies, damn lies, and statistics

  5. #5

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    So they basically fudge the results until they get the result somewhere close to what they want and then publish.

    Lies, damn lies, and statistics
    I guess that must be how it looks to a paranoid cretin like you. I've tried to help you today but you are beyond help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,001

    Default

    If that poll is correct then it translates into seats as follows:

    Electoral Calculus prediction of seats in UK parliament

    Labour 202
    Brexit Party 141
    Lib Dem 119
    Conservative 110
    SNP 55

    oh dear

    I'm alright Jack

  7. #7

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    So they basically fudge the results until they get the result somewhere close to what they want and then publish.

    Lies, damn lies, and statistics
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics. And OldSmeg posts.....

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics. And OldSmeg posts.....
    There is a whole world out there that is beyond the grasp of your pitifully limited intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #9

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    If that poll is correct then it translates into seats as follows:

    Electoral Calculus prediction of seats in UK parliament

    Labour 202
    Brexit Party 141
    Lib Dem 119
    Conservative 110
    SNP 55

    oh dear

    A return to '77 and The Lib Lab Pact
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  10. #10

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    A return to '77 and The Lib Lab Pact
    But will the Tartan Tories show their true colours again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •