• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    1 gbp=€1.06748=$1.20354
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?
      Soon £1 = €1 We’ve finally joined the Euro and it’s all thanks to Brexiteers. Congratulations lads, you did it.
      Last edited by Eirikur; 10 August 2019, 10:50.

Comment

It’s the trend that’s important and rate or change - very fast this country is getting poorer, you don’t get it because you are a fooking Brexidiot who is responsible for current mess

Comment

Wowzers - this trading surely is algorithmic. January 2009 was the last time the pound was down here. Tory power, turning turning your wealth into toilet paper.

Feeling totally smug selling my Edinburgh place when I did and cashing into Euros.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Wowzers - this trading surely is algorithmic. January 2009 was the last time the pound was down here. Tory power, turning turning your wealth into toilet paper.

Feeling totally smug selling my Edinburgh place when I did and cashing into Euros.

You live in Germany, why wouldn't you?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I think you dont understand basic economy!

UK has a negative net exports - meaning it imports more than exports! Now, when you import something you have to pay it in the origin country currency.

If the pounds drops half its value compared to Euro and dollar, everything UK imports from Eurozone and USA will cost the double in pounds!

Of course because UK will be in 'sales' the amount of exports will increase what will help to counter balance the negative impact, but this only means that in the end instead of costing double will cost 30/40/50% more what is enough to put loads of people in poverty.

Cmon, make an effort, I'm sure you can get there...
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                I think you dont understand basic economy!

UK has a negative net exports - meaning it imports more than exports! Now, when you import something you have to pay it in the origin country currency.

If the pounds drops half its value compared to Euro and dollar, everything UK imports from Eurozone and USA will cost the double in pounds!

Of course because UK will be in 'sales' the amount of exports will increase what will help to counter balance the negative impact, but this only means that in the end instead of costing double will cost 30/40/50% more what is enough to put loads of people in poverty.

Cmon, make an effort, I'm sure you can get there...
                I know someone desperate for a weak and worthless currency.

Comment

I know someone desperate for a weak and worthless currency.

There is a difference between wanting a very strong currency to be slightly weaker and a currency just being trashed!

Plus since when trump is an example for anything... There seems to be a weird correlation between people supporting brexit and "supporting" trump ideas...I wonder why!? IQ coefficient maybe?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

To answer the OP - put me in for 86 cents.

Can then buy back my Edinburgh place for 70% of the price I sold it, assuming the rock solid UK housing market holds.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 10 August 2019, 17:16.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The decline in sterling is a mark of the decline of the UK's economic outlook. But so what? Fook business.

Comment

Working...
                      X