Solutions to the Irish border issue Solutions to the Irish border issue
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 90

More time posting than coding

Default Solutions to the Irish border issue

Solutions to the Irish border issue:

• Eire leave the EU and agree a customs union with the UK.
    • Eire leave the EU and re-join the UK.
    • Eire agree with the UK that they’ll police each others border with real checks at external ports and simple electronic passes for freight at the internal border and with an open border for citizens on the ground in Ireland.

I think the last will happen because there’s no way Eire will erect bricks and mortar border posts on the 1st November

Super poster

You think the last will happen? Even typing out the first two shows that you’re a cretin.

Ps. Unless you’re speaking Irish, it’s Ireland, not Eire. Unless you prefer that we all call it Perfidious Albion instead of Angleterre.

King of updation

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    You think the last will happen? Even typing out the first two shows that you’re a cretin.

Ps. Unless you’re speaking Irish, it’s Ireland, not Eire. Unless you prefer that we all call it Perfidious Albion instead of Angleterre.
    Absolutely this.....
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

More time posting than coding

Get you, Eire is simply a concise way of saying Southern Ireland. I take it you think everyone's a cretin who has a different POV? Ireland, as in Southern Ireland have a choice and those first two are perfectly valid choices although unlikely as their rulers won't let them anywhere near the option of leaving the EU. They also don't want a unified Ireland as even the Catholics in the North see they're onto a good thing with the >£10bn per year subsidy they enjoy. Southern Ireland can't afford integration financially, politically and socially

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Get you, Eire is simply a concise way of saying Southern Ireland. I take it you think everyone's a cretin who has a different POV? Ireland, as in Southern Ireland have a choice and those first two are perfectly valid choices although unlikely as their rulers won't let them anywhere near the option of leaving the EU. They also don't want a unified Ireland as even the Catholics in the North see they're onto a good thing with the >£10bn per year subsidy they enjoy. Southern Ireland can't afford integration financially, politically and socially
    Gah, FFS man, “Southern Ireland” is even worse! Where were you educated, in a skip?

“Rulers” (and I know you’re using this pejoratively) has nothing to do with it. The people (remember them?) rather like being in the EU, by 93% at last poll.

The only thing you’ve said that’s even close to making any sense is that they don’t want a unified Ireland. It’s probably too close to call, a referendum on uniting could go either way. It’s not just the cost, they’re a different people up there.

Super poster

Gah, FFS man, “Southern Ireland” is even worse! Where were you educated, in a skip?

“Rulers” (and I know you’re using this pejoratively) has nothing to do with it. The people (remember them?) rather like being in the EU, by 93% at last poll.

The only thing you’ve said that’s even close to making any sense is that they don’t want a unified Ireland. It’s probably too close to call, a referendum on uniting could go either way. It’s not just the cost, they’re a different people down there.
    Gratis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Solutions to the Irish border issue:

• Eire leave the EU and agree a customs union with the UK.
    • Eire leave the EU and re-join the UK.
    • Eire agree with the UK that they’ll police each others border with real checks at external ports and simple electronic passes for freight at the internal border and with an open border for citizens on the ground in Ireland.

I think the last will happen because there’s no way Eire will erect bricks and mortar border posts on the 1st November
    4. Invade.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    4. Invade.
    Like the Normans did?
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    4. Invade.
    5. Revoke Article 50
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Absolutely this.....
    This again

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum