• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJo: deliver Brexit or expect violent riots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil unrest is a condition for invoking emergency powers under the Civil Contingencies Act. Then they can suspend habeas corpus, intern opposition MPs and pass an Enabling Act.

The gammons would love it but there are enough sane people in the UK to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The gammons would love it but there are enough sane people in the UK to stop it.
      Are there? Seems to me that, somehow or the other, the country has bred so many useless, arrogant, entitled yet thick, poorly educated and ignorant koonts that there's a real risk of its precipitious decline.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well it's not going to be Tories: Conservative Party conference guests fall asleep with the excitement | Metro News

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Is that John the bike in the middle?
          Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

As apposed to the constant "stop Brexit or the IRA are going to bomb Manchester again" numbers that have been going on for the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              As apposed to the constant "stop Brexit or the IRA are going to bomb Manchester again" numbers that have been going on for the last 3 years.
              Maybe not Manchester but there does seem to be an increase in nutters in Ireland trying to kill each other:

Just some of the action in 2019, whether Brexit related is hard to say but has been increasing since the referendum:

A bomb was found in the Creggan area of Londonderry after police searches in the area on Monday 9 September.

A mortar bomb was left near a police station in Church View, Strabane on Saturday 7 September
              A bomb explodes near Wattlebridge in County Fermanagh, on Monday 19 August.

Dissident republicans try to murder police officers during an attack in Craigavon

The "New IRA" claims responsibility for a bomb under a police officer's car at Shandon Park Golf Club in east Belfast.

A journalist is shot dead while observing rioting in the Creggan area of Londonderry.

Five small explosive packages are found at locations across Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland.

A bomb placed inside a van explodes in the centre of Londonderry.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Maybe not Manchester but there does seem to be an increase in nutters in Ireland trying to kill each other:
                What?

The place has always been people trying to kill each other.

Comment

What?

The place has always been people trying to kill each other.
                  You're genetically Irish aren't you?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You're genetically Irish aren't you?
                    Am I?

Comment

Am I?
                      Dunno. Are you? It's a question. Although I was just assuming it because of your alcoholism.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X