• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    No way the LibDems will get anywhere near 300 seats. They only got 13 last time.

Scotland is on track to return 58 SNP MPs with Carmichael the lone LibDem. 0 Red or Blue Tories.

The Herald ran a poll of it’s mainly unionist readership and showed the majority would now vote Yes in Indyref2

New poll reveals support for the SNP and Scottish independence | HeraldScotland
    Please let it be true. No more whiny Jo Swinson.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I hope so. I then hope the Tories deliver the harshest of Brexits. It's what the leave voters in the poor areas deserve

It should also finally get Corbyn out of opposition and (hopefully) someone a bit stronger and more credible in his place.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Btw, I don't have a vote. But I've still no idea which way I'd go. Current incumbent is Alex Burghart. (Brentwood and Ongar)
        Hopefully he's better than Eric Pickles, or at least smaller. I met Pickles a few years ago at my grandfather's funeral at the Chelsea Royal Hospital and that was an interesting day as not only was he attending but also Diane Abbott and Keir Starmer, they all got on quite well surprisingly enough and I had some quite interesting conversations with all of them.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I would think Swinson will keep her seat.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            The herald has a readership of like 20 thousand.
            Polls are conducted using an average of 1,000 people

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              Polls are conducted using an average of 1,000 people
              Could they find that many sober enough or not off their heads on crack to actually understand the questions?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Could they find that many sober enough or not off their heads on crack to actually understand the questions?
                Not much point really, since it has to be a representative sample.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  the poll was in Bradford?

Comment

I think the conservatives will do all right in Scotland. Being the only party saying no to another independence referendum when the polls are still pretty clear that the majority would still vote no will guarantee them a decent turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Not much point really, since it has to be a representative sample.
                      You really are poorly, aren't you...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X