Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?) Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Of course that will only be when it suits your rhetoric.
    What are friends for if not to share experiences? I'll gladly report any good news I see.

    I was thinking that herring would be a lot cheaper as our fisherman won't be able to sell it all into Europe after we ban EU vessels (it spoils too quickly to tolerate burdensome import processes). However sadly we don't have the necessary infrastructure currently. One solution would be to try and buy up the German and Dutch companies involved. However we need to wait to see whether anything can be salvaged. As you know, we don't eat the fish that comes from our waters currently so it's not just a bit of Original's think positive - look on the brightside. Trade, production and consumer behaviour will all need to change. But fingers crossed.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  2. #32

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GhostofTarbera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    What are friends for if not to share experiences? I'll gladly report any good news I see.

    I was thinking that herring would be a lot cheaper as our fisherman won't be able to sell it all into Europe after we ban EU vessels (it spoils too quickly to tolerate burdensome import processes). However sadly we don't have the necessary infrastructure currently. One solution would be to try and buy up the German and Dutch companies involved. However we need to wait to see whether anything can be salvaged. As you know, we don't eat the fish that comes from our waters currently so it's not just a bit of Original's think positive - look on the brightside. Trade, production and consumer behaviour will all need to change. But fingers crossed.
    The millionaire owners of the UK fishing rights will be worried


    Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  3. #33

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    What are friends for if not to share experiences? I'll gladly report any good news I see.

    I was thinking that herring would be a lot cheaper as our fisherman won't be able to sell it all into Europe after we ban EU vessels (it spoils too quickly to tolerate burdensome import processes). However sadly we don't have the necessary infrastructure currently. One solution would be to try and buy up the German and Dutch companies involved. However we need to wait to see whether anything can be salvaged. As you know, we don't eat the fish that comes from our waters currently so it's not just a bit of Original's think positive - look on the brightside. Trade, production and consumer behaviour will all need to change. But fingers crossed.
    Yes I know - but you can be positive about any changes and look to leverage benefits from them.

    Not everything will be 'better' in the short term when looking at specific individual 'things' but in the longer term 'things' will generally be 'better'.

  4. #34

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,235

    Default Original, Why You're Not in 10 Downing Street I'll Never Know

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Not everything will be 'better' in the short term when looking at specific individual 'things' but in the longer term 'things' will generally be 'better'.
    So specific individual things won't be any better but general things will be. Why didn't anyone else explain that to us as well as you have just done?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  5. #35

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    So specific individual things won't be any better but general things will be. Why didn't anyone else explain that to us as well as you have just done?
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  6. #36

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    So specific individual things won't be any better but general things will be. Why didn't anyone else explain that to us as well as you have just done?
    Sometimes it takes a while to simplify the concept to a level the lowest common denominator will understand.

    But we got there I guess.

    Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?)

  7. #37

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    32,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    His only experience of a student exchange is when he got turned turned down at the school disco by the French exchange student for having too many zits...
    shorty greasy spot spot??



    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  8. #38

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Sometimes it takes a while to simplify the concept to a level the lowest common denominator will understand.

    But we got there I guess.

    Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?)
    You do indeed guess. A lot. Maybe one of these days you'll use facts and experience instead and you'll not need to guess quite so many times
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •