• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Security Clearance SC Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Security Clearance SC Question

Hi all.
    Simple question.
    For my royal navy sc application it states to put any convictions. Cautions. Reprimand etc

anyway do I declare no further actions? It doesn't ask for those also the police have been called onset 10 times to my address over domestic arguments but they've simply sat down and had a chat and left it at that. They said it won't be recorded on pnc but on the local police computer.

So do I declare those as well? Thanks

No need to declare them but again no issue if you do. They are not looking for people undergoing clearance to be whiter than white, simply the DVA are looking to assess the potential risk individuals pose to having access to sensitive data.

Comment

Good good. Recently I received a conviction for harassment and malicious communications and after finally getting over all the worry of v that I had an argument with my mum and the police were called. They sat us down and had a chat and we resolved it no dramas... They said it wouldn't even show up on a crb check so I hope I'm safe. They called it an informal chat...yeah I have a fractured family life... running away to the navy is my answer....

Comment

The two tests the vetting people will apply are "Are you honest?" and "Can you be blackmailed?". If you tell them everything the answers are then "Yes" and "No" respectively.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

22 with 3 convictions 1 caution 1 reprimanded 1 pnd and loads of call outs to my address for arguments. Hopefully I don't have too much trouble! Oh it's things like harassment. Malicious communications. Common assault for the convictions. Criminal damage on the Caution. Possessing an offensive weapon in a public place on the reprimand... and theft for the pnd. .. Not sounding good?

Comment

Persec

The Armed Forces discipline regime is less tolerant than that in Civilian life. At your relatively young age, it sounds as though there are certain anger issues which have resulted in these convictions?

I sincerely hope that you can put them all behind you and are able to accept that anyone ranking above you can make your life an untold misery whilst you are "serving"?

Good luck
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by PERSEC View Post
              22 with 3 convictions 1 caution 1 reprimanded 1 pnd and loads of call outs to my address for arguments. Hopefully I don't have too much trouble! Oh it's things like harassment. Malicious communications. Common assault for the convictions. Criminal damage on the Caution. Possessing an offensive weapon in a public place on the reprimand... and theft for the pnd. .. Not sounding good?
              Maybe on a boat a long way away is the best place. Be honest about it all and let them disregard what they are not bothered about rather than find out later.

EDIT : Why are you posting questions in the SC clearance sticky AND starting new threads?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 31 July 2014, 09:20.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Maybe on a boat a long way away is the best place. Be honest about it all and let them disregard what they are not bothered about rather than find out later.

EDIT : Why are you posting questions in the SC clearance sticky AND starting new threads?
                +1

Also (based on 22 years in the navy):

If you're going to start an argument in a messdeck, you'd better be sure you can win it.
                So you might want to think about growing up a bit, because no matter how big or how hard you think you are there will always be someone bigger and harder.
                If you get into the navy, keep your mouth shut and your ears open.
                :-)

Comment

Working...
                X