• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role Includes Paying For Work Related Flights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Correct - I was just sharing the experience with my fellow forumers, as had not come across this situation before.
    That's how psychocandy started out - it's a slippery slope...

Comment

What rate was on offer?
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
        What rate was on offer?
        Rate was standard market rate from which flights would then be paid for out of.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          That's how psychocandy started out - it's a slippery slope...
          Nah he just loves to whinge and cause a stir so he can ge this post count up
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Quite, but I wouldn't want to be in that situation in the first place.
            True.

There's no such thing as "market rate" really though, is there? Especially for overseas work.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ouch!
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Had call from agent today - they are advertising a role which requires few days travel to European sites each month. Clientco though will not pay for these flights/accom. Agent explained that they are expecting the contractor to pay out of the contractor daily rate and they will also not budge on rate to accommodate.

I have not come across this before, expressed how ludicrous this sounds and politely declined to take the conversation any further.
                The client are paying full expenses. The agency are just going to pocket the cash and pay you a flat rate.

Cynical? Nah.

Comment

It also depends where in Europe. Not all European cities are properly served by budget airlines in terms of frequency. As others have said it all depends on the daily rate and how often you would be expected to be travel

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                    The client are paying full expenses. The agency are just going to pocket the cash and pay you a flat rate.

Cynical? Nah.
                    How would they get the receipts?

Comment

What receipts? They just invoice. That's what I do if I need to have the client reimburse my company for plane tickets.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X